PDA

View Full Version : Mama getting nastalgic here-as well as weepy!

JulieL
03-10-2003, 02:08 PM
So on saturday I went through my DS's baby clothes, to organize and put away. Each size I am keeping an outfit I really liked for Anthony's keepsake box. And while I am sorting and folding I feel this wave of memories just sweep over me, here's when the tears came. The weather on Sat. was a gorgous 70, and as my DS turns 1 at the end of this month, mixed with the weather and clothes I totally was back in that moment when we brought him home. And I thought, I sooo want to do this all over again. Am I yet sleeping through the night, rarely; didn't I get my fill of being drenched with baby vomit and breast milk? Apparently not! It's so hard to believe he grew so fast. Or that he really had so much clothes! But here I am excited about having another in a few years. My DH is going to medical school next fall semester so now isn't the perfect time. But soon enough. Well, just thought I would share. I am sure I am not the only to go through this weepy, sad, but enjoyable look back to times since past.

-JulieL, mama to Anthony 3/23/02

parkersmama
03-10-2003, 02:20 PM
I totally understand! And I hate to tell you this but I'm not sure that this feeling ever goes away completely. My younger son just turned 3 yesterday and I was looking at him and got totally teared up remembering bringing him home, nursing him, how sweet he was, etc. Of course, he's sweet as can be now, too, and from experience, I know that I'll look back on him turning 3 and think "OMG. He was so sweet and cuddly and remember how he talked?" and so on. I think nostalgia is just something that parents (but particularly moms) have to deal with. When I have those moments I try to make myself slow down and eat up every minute that I'm spending with them now so that I'll remember these later too! Try to take each day as a gift and love him for all you're worth!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

*edited to remove 2nd signature! oops!

flagger
03-11-2003, 01:05 AM
It never goes away. My 70-something mom had the same emotions watching her 30-something son pack up his play toys for his yet unborn child. It was what makes the journey worth traveling IMHO.

atlbaby
03-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Denise,
I know I'm 2 days late, but I just wanted to wish Wesley a happy 3rd birthday!!! I was sad (and happy, *all* emotions!) when Arielle turned one, but it's really these days when I realize she's nearly 1 and a half that I am more nostalgic/weepy. Of course it could be the horomones, but I think it's more my realization that although, G-d willing, there will be a new baby soon--it won't be *Arielle* as a baby! It's been strange for me to think that this new baby won't be her. I know it's so obvious, but it's still something I have to force myself to acknowledge.

I hope Wesley had a wonderful birthday!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

danielleh
03-11-2003, 11:37 AM
It's so funny that you said this, because when I was thinking about trying to having a second baby (but not for a while yet)I said the same thing to my husband and he looked at me like I had three heads. I keep thinking that the second one will be easier because I know what works with my first and then remember that the second will be a completely different person!

Danielle
mom to Jimmy born 8/29/02