PDA

View Full Version : Bassinett to crib?

SASM
03-10-2003, 03:57 PM
When did you move your baby from the bassinett in your bedroom to their crib? Ian has been sleeping in the PNP bassinett in our room for the first "half" of the night and then we move him to his crib after his nighttime feeding, as long as it is after 4am. We have been doing this since he was ~1.5 wo (I forget why now but it seems to work for Ian). Anyway, when did you move your babies permanently to the crib? I am soooo not ready to NOT see him laying there next to me :-(

Thank you.

Karenn
03-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Hi Sharyn,
We made the switch right around 3.5 months. In the beginning, I would feed him at night, and he would easily return to sleep. At 3.5 months, it got harder to put him back to sleep so I moved him to his crib, which was closer to the rocking chair that I started using to get him back to sleep. I took it as his way of telling me that he was ready to move downstairs to his own room. :) He didn't even seem to notice the difference. With Ian, I bet you'll have a smooth transition (when you are ready to move him) because he already sleeps much of the night in his crib.

kclm
03-10-2003, 08:12 PM
We switched DS at 10 weeks, and there were no problems; he didn't seem to even notice the change. Of course, he is a terrible sleeper :), so he simply went from not sleeping in his bassinet to not sleeping in his crib. :)

Karen
Tad, 11/21/02

August Mom
03-10-2003, 10:28 PM
We moved Justin at around 5 weeks. He had been sleeping well in the bassinet and then started waking more frequently and not sleeping as well. So, we tried the crib and he slept longer than he ever had before. So, Ian may let you know when he's ready.

sweetbasil
03-11-2003, 12:00 AM
Same thing with Kellen- we all slept better with him in his own bed, and his quality of sleep seemed better, too. It took a while to get used to him being in another room, but that got better soon. Best of luck in making the transition!

Andrea S
03-11-2003, 12:08 AM
We moved Andrew around 3 months he was hitting the weight limit and was getting way to long. I missed him being in the room with me. We have a bed in the nursey so I would put him to bed in his crib and after the first feeding I would sleep in the room with him. Our Ped told us by 4-5 months babies start remembering where they fall asleep so you should have them transitioned to where you want them to be.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

tbdw425
03-11-2003, 11:41 AM
5 weeks. My guy seemed too big for his bassinette. He would kick his legs over the side. I was frightened at first, but we installed a monitor in his room, I checked him frequently and I think we both slept much better.