PDA

View Full Version : Boston area mommies!! And SASM (Sharyn) too!!

jojo2324
03-11-2003, 11:24 PM
I am heading up your way in early April and was wondering what there was to do with my small fry. And Sharyn, I know that you are planning an excursion up there; just wondering when it was.

Maybe there is a way we could all get together and have a mini-retreat?

Let me know what you all think! :D

sunny2003
03-11-2003, 11:33 PM
Sure, would love to get together assuming I am not in a delivery room and can still fit behind the wheel of my Honda Civic. Where will you be staying? - there are a lot of kid friendly places to go. I had lunch with a friend and her baby today at a one local mall and ran into 3 different mommies that I know!

Rachels
03-12-2003, 08:41 AM
YES YES YES!!!!!!!! When are you coming?! I am so excited! Tell me where you're planning to stay, and I'll tell you what's nearby to do with kids. And let's absolutely get together.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

SASM
03-12-2003, 11:43 AM
Hi Joanne!

I would love to get togeher...WHENEVER!!! As long as the weather agrees!:-)

sntm
03-12-2003, 03:08 PM
No baby to join in, but I will also be in Boston (April 7-12). Would love to meet everyone IRL!

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

jojo2324
03-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Perfect!!! I am going to be up that way on the 7th as well (most likely taking the ferry over on the evening of the 6th), and probably staying until the 9th.

We are staying in Beacon Hill. A friend's parents are going away, and we'll be staying at their place. I just hope the weather is warm and Gannon is on his best behavior. :P

Can't wait!

SASM
03-13-2003, 12:09 PM
I THINK that I will be out of town for a baby shower April 4-7. If you are leaving the 9th, how about meeting the 8th?

spu
03-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Yes! Yes!
Let's plan a mini-retreat!!

There's so much to do around here - so depending on the weather, we can go indoors or out.

What's a good day for everyone?

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

sntm
03-15-2003, 12:02 PM
Yay! let's decide on the 8th or 9th (I want to let my SIL know before she arranges a day off from work during my visit.)

My Boston experience is so far limited to one restaurant and 3 hospitals (and Filene's Basement, LOL), so I would love suggestions on cool places to go. Museums? Zoos? Parks? Outdoor restaurants?

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

Rachels
03-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Woo hoo! Let's see... We could do the children's museum, which has a room for babies to crawl around and which is easily accessible by T. Or if you'd prefer, I'd be happy to host a hang-out at my house, which is also on the red line (Joanne, that's the line you'll be on.). It's about a 10-minute walk through my neighborhood from the subway. Or anything else that sounds good to you is fine with me! :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

spu
03-18-2003, 10:48 AM
If the weather is nice we could walk around the public gardens / boston common. Maybe do a picnic? or there's a ton of restaurants around that area too.

If it's cold or rainy (or snowy??) meeting at Rachel's house would be fun. Can you fit us all? We could do a mini-pot luck to make it easier on you. For those traveling into the city - just come as you are and be our guests! We'll bring the food.

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

jojo2324
03-18-2003, 11:08 AM
Silly me. For some reason I thought you were just visiting Boston in the near future. But I am realizing now that you live there. I must have confused a couple of your posts. Did you ask what there was to do in Boston? And were you going away at one point? Maybe I just linked the two for some reason and thought you were going away to Boston. My original post title sounds so stupid now. I'm sorry! Regardless, I am glad that you are there! :D

Yeah!! I am so glad this is working out. Shannon, will you have the Bugaboo by then?? Could you bring it just for fun? :P hee hee. One question...How is it navigating the city? I've been there a handful of times, but never with a baby and my stroller, which could wheel everyone around the city. It's rather BIG. We'll have our car too.

I am very excited! :D

sntm
03-18-2003, 11:43 AM
Hah, it should be here in a week! I'm tempted to bring it -- Chip and I have been joking about wrapping up a stuffed animal in a blanket and trying it out. "No, ma'am, he's just sleeping. Yes, I know he's very hairy."

And speaking of making associations about where people live, Joanne, I always thought you lived in Boston. Who knows where that came from...

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

sunny2003
03-18-2003, 11:48 AM
Joanne, as to navigating the city, you probably will want to park your car somewhere (or pahk your cah - hee hee) and leave it there for the rest of your trip - it is a pain to find on-street or off parking around the city. If your friends don't have a parking space for you, you can try to park at the Boston Common Garage which I think (for the area) is reasonable. You can probably wheel your way around most parts of the city, especially in the Public Gardens/Boston Common area - in Beacon Hill though there are some cobblestone and uphill streets which might make it more difficult to navigate.

Hope my baby to be will cooperate and let me come!

SASM
03-19-2003, 12:23 PM
Joanne,

NOOO...I don't live in Boston (although I REALLY wish that I did). I would be traveling to Boston for a day trip :-) I am going to be away that weekend and would not be able to meet you guys on those dates ~ that is why I suggested the 8th or 9th. I really hope this works out ~ I would LOVE to meet all of you IRL!! :-)

anna lisa
03-19-2003, 01:04 PM
Will you ladies post pictures of your mini-retreat for all those who are unable to attend!!!

Sounds like your going to have a blast!

sntm
03-25-2003, 11:57 AM
My SIL has taken off the 8th, so I will be hanging with her that day. How is the 9th for everyone? Have we decided on a location?

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

jojo2324
03-25-2003, 12:37 PM
No can do the 9th...We will most likely be leaving that morning since DH has to be back at work that night. :(

spu
03-25-2003, 03:21 PM
Shannon - would your sil like to join us if we meet on the 8th? The more the merrier!

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

Rachels
03-25-2003, 05:25 PM
I agree! Susan, Lori, and I met last week, and I'm ready to do it again right now!!! I had a great time. Can't wait to see all of you.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

jojo2324
03-26-2003, 02:24 PM
Okay, how about this? Shannon, bring along your SIL (if possible and willing)...Does she have any children? For some reason I thought you had mentioned that she did...Oh! That email you posted! Wasn't that from your BIL to your DH about child-rearing and how they can run around naked? Anyhoo, kids or not, definitely the more the merrier! :D

And here's the real kicker! Shawn has invited you all to dinner! He and the friend we are staying with have said that they would make US a meal! How's that for winning brownie points? Let me know what food issues you all have. I know that Rachel (well, really Abby) has some food sensitivities. What do you think? Let me know...And NO OFFENSE if it doesn't pan out. I know we are all busy bees. I'm so excited!! :D

sunny2003
03-26-2003, 03:40 PM
That is a very sweet offer - what time are you thinking of on the 8th? and where - Beacon Hill is it? I would really like to make it, guess it depends on baby dearest. Today I had a little scare - had some abdominal pain on the lower left side but the nurse said that everything looked fine - probably just pulled a muscle down there. Might have to get one of those really pretty maternity belts - the height of fashion!

But I digress - hope that I can make it and meet you all in person!

jojo2324
03-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Ugh, hear you on the abdominal pain! I had a hernia about two years pre-PG, and wouldn't you know it, that thing just popped right back out about three minutes after I peed on the stick. :) Luckily, it went away PP. Hang in there...Almost done! I hope that you can make it too! :D

SASM
03-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Joanne,

That is so sweet of your honey :-) Unfortunately, I probably will not be able to make it to that. If I am able to meet with you girls (weather-permitting) I would probably have to leave by 4-6pm, at the latest, due to the drive home. Could we meet somewhere, late morning or early afternoon, and then you girls can go on to dinner afterwards?

Annette_C
03-27-2003, 01:00 PM
I was just telling DH how jealous I was that you girls were going to meet in Boston and he said that if we can make it work, he's willing to take the day off and drive us (Sabrina and me) there!! I'm so excited!!! As most of you know, we live in CT (about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs drive to Boston) so we have to consider the 5 hrs (total) of driving. That cuts the day in half but even if I get to meet you all and spend 3 hours with you, it'll be worth it!
Any updates on the meeting place?
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

Sandy
03-27-2003, 02:26 PM
Wah!!! I am so jealous. I am not even within driving distance being in the Seattle area. You're husband sounds like an absolute doll. You must take pictures and post them so we can enjoy the get together vicariously even though many of us can't be there.

Green with envy,
Sandy
mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

sntm
03-27-2003, 02:52 PM
can probably still make it on the 8t, at least for a little bit. catherine has no babies but is in the wedding planning mode and is great fun to hang with. will see if she wants to come along.

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03