PDA

View Full Version : Another great eye doctor appointment for Thomas!

nigele
03-12-2003, 03:04 PM
We had yet another post-op visit to Thomas's Pediatric Opthalmologist today and he said everything looks great! We now have a prescription for eyeglasses and will be getting them this week. Thomas will have a bifocal in one lense and a plain lense on the other side. Our appointment today took four hours - can you believe it? But Tom Tom was such a little trooper. He needed a nap desperately but he did so well.

We see kids at Duke with the worst case scenarios and it helps to put things into perspective for us. It is so sad to see what some babies are up against and even though this has been, and will continue to be tough, we are very fortunate.

jojo2324
03-12-2003, 03:15 PM
That's great news Lisa! I'm so glad to hear that Tommy is being such a good sport about all of this. I can't wait to see him in his glasses! He is going to look so sharp! :D

mama2be
03-12-2003, 03:31 PM
Great attitude Lisa...I know it's hard but it does help when you look at it that way I know!!!

I am so thrilled that he is doing so great...he owes it to the great husbandry he is getting at home that is for sure :)...

atlbaby
03-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Wonderful news Lisa! I'm so glad to hear things are going well! And for Thomas to hold up for a 4 hour appointment is amazing!! He is sure to look smashing in his glasses--can't wait to see pictures!

Thanks for the update!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

Sandy
03-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Good news and a great attitude. He will be adorable in glasses. I am glad to hear he is handling it so well.

Sandy
mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

MartiesMom2B
03-12-2003, 07:04 PM
Lisa:

I was going to e-mail you to see how your week went. I'm so happy for you and Thomas. He's going to look just smashing in those glasses!

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

Annette_C
03-12-2003, 07:18 PM
Lisa,
I'm so happy to hear that Tommy is doing so well! I know it's been tough (and still is) for all of you but it's nice to see the positive attitude you're showing.
You are a wonderful, strong, patient mommy and Tommy is lucky to have you!
Good luck with the glasses....I can't wait to see pictures too!:)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

sweetbasil
03-13-2003, 01:40 AM
That's SO great, Lisa! So are you guys past that awful don't-touch-your-eyes phase with sweet little Thomas? My heart just ached for you...we've had several helpless moments with DS#1 and the little one we're expecting, but that post-surgery e-mail you sent just sounded SO incredibly difficult/draining/etc. Can't wait to see an updated pic of your little cutie next to all your posts :)

Hugs,

nigele
03-13-2003, 12:00 PM
Thanks everybody! We are not yet past the don't-touch-your-eyes phase. Another two weeks for that. Ugh. But knowing how much damage he could do if he rubs hard enough gives me enough motivation to watch him like a hawk around the clock!

Shirale
03-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Hooray Lisa! So glad to hear things are looking up, and that so soon you will be past this!!! What a trooper Tommy is, and he is solucky to have such a wonderful, caring Mommy!!! Thanks for the good news!

twins r fun
03-13-2003, 02:54 PM
Lisa,

You have had the best attitude throughout this! I am so glad things are going well. I had no idea how difficult the recovery would be and have been thinking of you often. You, Tommy, and DH are handeling this so well.

Nicole

mamahill
03-14-2003, 05:57 PM
I know I'm late on this (playing catch-up!), but wanted to say WOOHOO Thomas and hooray for you. Honestly, I agree with everyone here that your attitude has been such an example to me. Looking forward to see him modelling his new specs!

parkersmama
03-14-2003, 06:06 PM
That is wonderful news! You've really been on my mind. I feel for you having to deal with this and I'm glad that you're getting positive news. Can't wait to see how cute he looks in his little glasses!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

kathsmom
03-18-2003, 12:40 AM
Lisa,

I was so glad to see that things are going well for Thomas and his recovery. I haven't posted very much in a while, because DH has needed the phone and internet for his job search. I have been thinking of you and your family.

I can't wait to see him in his glasses. He is such a cutie. Take care of yourself and your family.

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)