PDA

View Full Version : They found Elizabeth Smart!

jojo2324
03-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Wow, I am absolutely shocked, and so thrilled, that this story has a happy ending. There is very little they are showing on the news now, but still...It gives me just a little flicker of hope for those other missing people cases.

mharling
03-12-2003, 06:46 PM
I just came here to post the same thing! I have goose bumps; I can't possibly imagine the overwhelming feelings her family has right now. What a miracle!!

Along the lines of your 'little flicker of hope' comment, I immediately thought of Laci Peterson again. My heart just breaks every time I think about her and the baby.

Mary
EDD 4/5/03

MartiesMom2B
03-12-2003, 06:49 PM
I was going to post something too! Hooray. I'm so happy for her family. My prayers are with them and especially for Elizabeth, I'm sure she went through a traumatic experience with that crazy man.

Miracles DO happen.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

celfsh
03-12-2003, 06:58 PM
I was just about to post about this, too! I am still in shock. You are right--miracles DO happen. I can't believe how emotional I am. Elizabeth was found just 30 miles from where I live. And to think all this time we've been looking for her, she's apparently been right under our noses...it truly is a miracle.

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

kapow
03-12-2003, 07:01 PM
Mary, I had the same exact thought - I immediately thought of Laci Peterson too. Every day I wake up and hope that something will come to light in her case, it's so sad.

nathansmom
03-12-2003, 07:02 PM
I just came to post the same thing. I'm so glad they found her. We live just 30 miles from where she was taken.