PDA

View Full Version : Cutest board book!!!

SASM
03-15-2003, 12:26 AM
Can I just say that I came across the CUTEST board book EVER!!! It is called "Counting Kisses" by Karen Katz (ISBN 0.689.85658.X) :-) It is the sweetest little story about a baby getting kisses from her family, including the cat and dog :-) Ian quiets down immediately when I start to read it ~ I LOVE reading it!!! I cannot stop kissing him anyway ~ my husband thinks I am insane (he is NOT a mom!) ~ now I have even more reasons to smother my baby with kisses!! I just cannot get enough of his sweet baby scent :-) Oh...so addicting!

You have to check this book out! So much FUN... :-)

sweetbasil
03-15-2003, 12:40 AM
Sharyn,
We'll have to look for that one...our LEAST favorite is "The Runaway Bunny"- for days after we read it, DS is always talking about how he's gonna run away from his mommy, too. Maybe we're completely missing the point of the book, but I just think that if that's the part that sticks with a two year old, then it's just too sad to have to hear for days on end.

So we'll take it off our shelf and replace it with "Counting Kisses" very soon! Thanks!

mharling
03-15-2003, 12:51 AM
I stumbled upon this book and loved it! I bought it for my niece for Valentine's Day. SIL reports that they are really enjoying it.

Mary
EDD 4/5/03

egoldber
03-15-2003, 10:15 AM
I also HATE The Runaway Bunny. I looked at it in the store and I thought it was awful!

SASM
03-15-2003, 11:13 AM
WOW...I haven't read this book but will definitely stay away from it!! It is soooo sad that that is what a 2 year-old will take away from a book. It is such a popular book ~ I am amazed that I haven't heard that view before. Thank you!!

parkersmama
03-15-2003, 12:29 PM
I hate that one, too! For some reason it always made Parker cry so I pretty much put it away and didn't even read it to Wesley. :-) If you're looking for a GOOD Margaret Wise Brown book other than "Goodnight Moon" checkout "The Big Red Barn". It is terrific...a wonderful way to learn farm animals & animal sounds and a nice "going to bed" book. I highly recommend it!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

Momof3Labs
03-15-2003, 03:26 PM
Cute - I'm going to have to order it! www.buy.com has it for $5.67 with free shipping:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=31070549&loc=106

PS I love buy.com - their prices are great on books and they ship almost everything for free, with no minimum purchase. They say that the free shipping takes 14-21 days, but I get almost everything within a week of ordering.

SASM
03-15-2003, 05:31 PM
Lori,

Thanks for the tip!! I am always searching for a good book site :-)

atlbaby
03-15-2003, 09:21 PM
Oh Julie, you *must* get Counting Kisses! It is so adorable!! I love Karen Katz's books--and so does Arielle! I also have 2 lift the flap books of hers, Where is Baby's Mommy, and Where is Baby's Belly Button, both of which Arielle adores. They are books that you can 'do' things with and Counting Kisses isn't, so at first Arielle wouldn't sit for more than the first page of Counting Kisses, and I would just read it myself!:) But she recently has started to like it too. And you can read it to Kellen's little brother too...:)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

suzska
03-16-2003, 06:56 PM
And remember there are many awards sites that give you "points" for ordering from Buy.com through their shopping sites. Mypoints, eBates, Memolink, to name a few. Even Greenpoints if you have an S&H Greenpoints card through your grocery store.

sweetbasil
03-17-2003, 04:39 PM
Thanks, Lori! I just bought it...can't wait for it to get here (well, I CAN wait enough to just pick the free shipping offer, though :))