PDA

View Full Version : Cool mist vs. Warm mist humidifiers???

SASM
03-17-2003, 12:04 AM
I am not sure what forum to put this under. I searched "Nursery Necessities" and "Around the House" and did not find anything mentioning this topic.

What type of humidifier do you use and why? Initially, I thought that we would want a Warm mist because of the medicine cup and the thought that warm mist might be more comfortable to breathe when congested, but now I am so confused. We do not have forced air heating so that is not an issue. There are pros and cons to both.

What are your views?

Thank you. :-)

Karenn
03-17-2003, 12:41 AM
Sharyn,
Here's a recent thread on humidifiers. (I only found it because I specifically remember reading it and knew where to look. :) )

[http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID5/877.html]

I read a bunch of conflicting information when I was humidifier shopping. In the end, we went with a cool mist humidifier manufactured by one of the companies that the Fields recommend in their book. We went with cool mist because a few more sources said that the warm mist one was more likely to promote the growth of bacteria.

SASM
03-19-2003, 12:31 PM
Karen,

THANK YOU for the thread referral! I couldn't understand why I couldn't find any mention of this topic anywhere, especially being this time of year.