PDA

View Full Version : two very mildly funny situations that happened to us this week...

mama2be
03-18-2003, 11:24 AM
Three things have had me laugh alittle this week regarding Tristan (well many things ...but suspect these three might have happened to all of us..."mommy brain")...

While pregnant I noticed a lot of moms saying their brain turns mushy after birth and I am there...mine has too...

One day I had the dirty diaper in hand, our trash is in a closet to the left of the fridge)...well I opened the fridge with the dirty diaper and swear it took a good 30 seconds as I stared "where do I put this" into the fridge before realizing that the dirty diaper does not go in the fridge...

The other I called the ped's office with a quick question, they had me on hold for seveal minutes when one of the nurses returned and said, "Is this Tristan's mom"...I said "NO, I'm waiting for one of the nurses to get back with me about...."...
Well DUH I AM "Tristan's mom"...I just never heard me called that before and honestly thought "no I'm not Tristan's mom, she must be holding on another line"...

The third thing (NO OFFENSE FLAGGER) but I always laugh at dog shows because these owners seem to doll up the dog and they all (some of them) look hideous, frumpy etc...so they put all of this energy into the dogs but they are walking out in outdated clothes etc..
WELL Just to go to the grocery store I dolled Tristan up in matching outfit, blanket, socks etc...if you could have caught a glimse of me...sweat pants, old shoes, hair a mess and almost unbrushed...I laughed out loud!!!

parkersmama
03-18-2003, 11:55 AM
LOL! Oh, boy, have you arrived!!! Welcome to motherhood, sister! :-)

MartiesMom2B
03-18-2003, 11:59 AM
Is Mommy brain an extension from Pregnancy brain or does it get progressively get worse after you give birth? I've noticed myself spacing out lately. Just read the Girlfriends Guide to the First Year and Vicki Iovine has a whole section about Mommybrain. It was very funny.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

P.S. Neve you looked great on Friday, not like you make it sound. :)

mama2be
03-18-2003, 12:10 PM
AHHHH come on Sonia you witnessed me get pooped and peed on .....you're being kind!!! :)...

Hugs!!!!

egoldber
03-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Ah, but Neve, EVERY mom knows it is how her BABY looks and NOT how SHE looks that counts. :)

And welcome to mommyhood! Some of the mommy brain goes away as your sleep deprivation gets better. But not all...

jojo2324
03-18-2003, 12:42 PM
What a hoot! Diapers in the fridge; that hasn't happened to us. Yet! :D

And I can totally understand about the kids looking like gems while the mommies look completely disheveled. Gannon is always so well put together, with his matching outfits and socks. Papa is THRILLED that he has so many ensembles, I'm sure! I spend most my days in PJs, or PJ-type clothing. Ya know, stuff that stretches, I don't care if it gets pooped/peed/puked on. It works too because now whenever I eat I somehow ALWAYS manage to drop the food onto myself. Wonderful! Oh, to be human again. :)

mamahill
03-18-2003, 04:28 PM
Haha - LOL. Thanks for the laugh Neve. Yep, you're a real mom. The first time I took Ainsleigh to the ped, I had a similar thing happen. I kept thinking, 'Someone else here is named Ainsleigh?' Duh, they're calling MY Ainsleigh. And then I almost asked, "Do I get to come in, too?" Good thing I've learned to (sometimes) THINK before speaking. And yes, I figure if Ainsleigh looks her best, then people will be too busy looking at her to notice me. :)

Melanie
03-18-2003, 06:45 PM
>While pregnant I noticed a lot of moms saying their brain
>turns mushy after birth and I am there...mine has too...
>
HAHAHA...I think it's related to hormones, seriously. Because if you are nursing, your hormones are still out of whack...then once you hit menopause, you get all spacey again...

>The third thing (NO OFFENSE FLAGGER) but I always laugh at
>dog shows because these owners seem to doll up the dog and
>they all (some of them) look hideous, frumpy etc...so they
>put all of this energy into the dogs but they are walking
>out in outdated clothes etc..
>WELL Just to go to the grocery store I dolled Tristan up in
>matching outfit, blanket, socks etc...if you could have
>caught a glimse of me...sweat pants, old shoes, hair a mess
>and almost unbrushed...I laughed out loud!!!

Oh yeah, that's us! I figure if my hair, body & clothes are clean I am doing good! Some moms in the infant class I was in actually WORE MAKEUP! I never figured that one out...I still only get makeup on when Dh is home...unless chapstick put on in the car counts. =)

Mommy to Jonah