PDA

View Full Version : Moving to the middle of nowhere, need help with baby stuff!

todzwife
03-18-2003, 11:15 PM
Clovis, NM has a walmart, but no target, no BRU, no TRU... so basically I have one option for stuff. I know there are some basic things that I need for the baby in October that are only available at BRU (like the ultimate crib sheet) that I could probably get online, but is there anything that You wonderful parents think I should buy before we leave LA? Please and thanks!
Shandelle :)
EDD 10/25/03

sweetbasil
03-18-2003, 11:21 PM
Shandelle,
A friend of mine was transferred (well, her DH was and she went along :)) to Borger, TX, which sounds much like Clovis in a lot of ways- except not as close to the mountains! Anyway, they only have a WalMart, too, and the closest "big" city (Amarillo) is 1hr away. She's mentioned MANY times that she couldn't have made the shopping transition without online shopping and eBay. Hope all goes well for you in your move!

Best wishes,

todzwife
03-18-2003, 11:23 PM
LOL! Amarillo is the closest big city to Clovis too! An hour an a half! Thank goodness for the internet!
Shandelle ;)

MartiesMom2B
03-19-2003, 07:10 PM
Shandelle:

I feel for you! (Divaznc is my friend from Clovis and I pointed her in your direction).

Hopefully since you'll be by an Airforce Base, there will be a lot of moms and maybe you can get some good second hand stuff from them through consignment stores or yard sales. Maybe that will help? Otherwise, thank goodness for the internet. I can't believe there isn't even a Target there!

Good luck!

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03