PDA

View Full Version : stinky feet!!

emilyf
03-19-2003, 12:59 PM
Ok, this is kind of embarrassing. The other day I lifted Charlie over my head and went to kiss his feet and they smelled like, well, feet. He smells absolutely delicous every where else, but I was shocked to discover this! He spends a lot of time in footed sleepers or socks b/c it has been cold, and he doesn't get a bath every day, but never heard of such a thing in a baby. I mean it's not terrible, and your nose has to be right on them, but still. They're always really clammy too. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm dreading the teen years already.....
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

sweetbasil
03-19-2003, 02:05 PM
Emily~
Let me echo your embarrassment...I've always been prone to this problem, as has my dad, and now, Kellen is Mr. Stinky feet, too. Doesn't matter if we're in sandals, tennis shoes and socks, or what. We even cut to fit some little odor eaters for his sandals last summer, but it ended up being a big hassle- plus, baby sandals weren't made to fit a foot-odor-eater! Believe me, if I had a solution, I'd sure be using it (for all of us), so will be watching this thread closely for suggestions. My dear sweet husband *still* rubs my feet (especially like now, when I'm pregnant), despite the smell. Must be love! :)

cara1
03-19-2003, 02:10 PM
Yeah, us too. DH blames me for DH's stinky feet, since I have them too. No big deal, I just say "eww, stinky" as I proceed to nibble on them, and DS just cracks up.

nohomama
03-19-2003, 02:11 PM
Lola has smelly feet too. It started when she began wearing slippers and shoes on a regular basis (around the age of 12+ monthes, when the weather started getting cooler and she started to walk) It was never a problem when she only wore socks. As with adults, the warm, clamy environment in a shoe is one which allows bacteria to thrive. Let Charlie's feet "air-out" as much as possible and otherwise, don't worry about it.

HTH,

sweetbasil
03-19-2003, 02:37 PM
I'm so thrilled we're not the only ones with this problem! This is something I've always dealt with but not "aired" publicly until now, and even today, it was with great hesitation. You gals truly are kindred spirits! :)

egoldber
03-19-2003, 02:56 PM
Ah, I also have stinky feet and Sarah does too when she has been wearing footed sleepers or shoes.

We try to mitigate this by not wearing shoes OR socks when at home.

todzwife
03-19-2003, 03:16 PM
ROFL! My father was plagued by the stinkiest feet ever! As torture, he would throw his stinky socks at us to get us to leave the room..and it worked every time. Something I found that works for me ( yes, I inherited this lovely trait from him) is Band-Aid brand "Odor Block" soothing gel. It's nice and cool going on, dries in seconds and somehow has eliminated the pee-eww! The nice thing is, after about a week of using it, you don't have to use it every day. HTH~

cara1
03-19-2003, 06:23 PM
Is it just aluminum chloride?