PDA

View Full Version : Help! What do contractions feel like????

peanut4us
03-20-2003, 03:03 PM
I think that I am in labor. My Dr. said at my last appt that I am 3 cm and 60% effaced.

All day today, I have had fairly constant pain in my back, but I haven't really noticed tightening of my tum... it's so hard to tell, it just seems tight all the time. I have been noticing that the pain in my back seems to get stronger and then lighter, but it's hard to tell for how long (because it is relatively constant).

Can anyone tell me what their contractions felt like???

THanks,
Joey

egoldber
03-20-2003, 03:07 PM
My contractions were definitely in my back! Time to give your doctor a call!

KathyO
03-20-2003, 03:55 PM
Yup! Sounds like you may be on the launch pad, so to speak! If you are, best wishes for a good one!!

(My roomie in the hospital ONLY ever had back pain -- she didn't feel classical "contractions" until it was pretty much time to push.)

KathyO

trumansmom
03-20-2003, 04:10 PM
My contractions felt just like that! It was several hours before I had pain anywhere other than my back.

Good luck and happy labor wishes!!!!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

sweetbasil
03-20-2003, 04:58 PM
Joey~
I just asked about you on the sewing thread, but wanted to drop a line here in case you miss the other...hope you're feeling okay, and that your labor is quick, relatively painless, and that you're holding your sweet little baby soon!

Take care,

JMarie
03-20-2003, 10:05 PM
Yep - I agree - those sound like contractions. I had back labor as well and never once felt the contractions in my tummy. I actually thought I had a kidney stone! Good luck and let us know when your little one arrives!

JMarie
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03