PDA

View Full Version : The love of my life has arrived!

jaime_n_jay
03-20-2003, 05:26 PM
Evelyn Paige was born on March 15 at 11:28am. She weighed 6 lbs 6 oz, is 19.5 inches long, and is absolutely perfect! I felt my first contraction at 1:30 that morning...it woke me up out of a sound sleep and they were immediately 3-4 minutes apart and INTENSE!!! Back labor is not fun! We got to the hospital around 3am and I was only 1 cm, but the contractions were so intense they admitted me, stuck me in a tub, and an hour later I was at 4cm! Then out she came...only 10 hours in all but what a hard 10 hours it was!

She is a beautiful, tiny little thing with fuzzy hair, the world's most perfect nose, and the BIGGEST feet I have ever seen! HA! Jay and I are moved to tears just by looking at her, what a miracle!

We are having serious problems breastfeeding for several reasons, the biggest of which is her sucking reflex not being at all what it should be. But we will keep trying until it works and in the mean time I am pumping like crazy so all she is eating is my yummy milk. Your prayers would be so appreciated as we struggle through this.

Well I have to go pour out my love on to my baby before my heart bursts! I will post pictures very soon and fish for some advice for the breastfeeding problem. Tammy I am thinking of you especially today...your family is in our prayers. :)

Jaime
mother of Evelyn Paige, born 3-15-03...4 days early!:)

sweetbasil
03-20-2003, 05:34 PM
Jaime~
Congratulations! I'm so glad your delivery went well, and that you've got sweet little Evelyn to love on now...best wishes to you three!

jojo2324
CONGRATS!! Welcome to Evelyn Paige! I LOVE the name Evelyn, it was one of our girl picks. Good luck with the breastfeeding! Can't wait to see pictures!! :D

mamahill
Congratulations Jaime and Welcome Evelyn! Hope Evelyn is able to get that reflex down, and that you are getting the rest you deserve. I didn't believe in "Love at first sight" until I had a baby...

twins r fun
03-20-2003, 05:55 PM
Congratulations to you all. Beautiful name to go with a beautiful baby! Hope everything works out with the breastfeeding. You'd think something so "natural" would be easy, but it's not so! Enjoy your little girl.

Nicole

celfsh
03-20-2003, 06:03 PM
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you! Sending good BF vibes your way...

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

mama2be
03-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Welcome little Evelyn Paige (what a gorgeous name!!!!)...we have been waiting for your arrival and glad that you are here to join the gang!!!

Jamine it sounds like you and DH did a super job...I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Enjoy her!!!

egoldber
03-20-2003, 06:41 PM
Congratulations!

You didn't mention whether or not you are seeing a lactation consultant. If you aren't, I would really recommend it! A good LC is worth their weight in gold and can make your breastfeeding experience much better. They may have tips and techniques for you to try to improve her suck.

HTH,

Andrea S
03-20-2003, 06:41 PM
Congrats and welcome Evelyn!! Good luck with the BFing! It does get better!!

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

MartiesMom2B
03-20-2003, 06:56 PM
Welcome to the world Evelyn Paige!

Jaime, my prayers go out to you and good luck with the breast feeding. I'm sure Evelyn will be nursing like a champ in no time!

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

COElizabeth
03-20-2003, 08:07 PM
Congratulations! I have always loved the name Evelyn, too. I look forward to seeing a photo and hearing more about her. Best wishes for her getting nursing down soon. Keep us posted, and congratulations again!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

atlbaby
03-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Jaime, congratulations to you and your family! Welcome Evelyn Paige (what a beautiful name!!) I can't wait to see pictures! And I can empathize with you about the back labor--it is horrible! But the end result is that much sweeter! :)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

todzwife
03-20-2003, 08:17 PM
Yeah! Congrats! What a beautiful name! I can't wait to see pictures! :)

lmintzer
03-20-2003, 10:10 PM
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl. I'm glad you are able to really enjoy her so early on (it takes some a little longer to really feel the full magnitude of that mother-love). My heart is with you on the breastfeeding problems. We suffered from a myriad of problems for 4 months (including a disorganized suck). Keep pumping that good mama's milk--in short, that's the way to go at least temporarily--it will keep your supply up until baby Evelyn can latch.

Lisa
& Jack, 4/20/01

Annette_C
03-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Congratulations Jaime and Jay and Welcome to baby Evelyn!
I hope to see her picture soon and good luck with BF.
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

mharling
03-21-2003, 02:31 AM
Congratulations Jaime and welcome Evelyn Paige!! Your parents did a great job naming you!!!!

Mary
EDD 4/5/03

mcmorfit
03-21-2003, 08:50 AM
Jaime and Jay,

Congratulations and welcome to the World Evelyn Paige! So happy to have another little baby around.

Hang in there with the BFing! It is like a dance - one step forward two (or more) steps back. I never thought we'd get it, but now three weeks later it is working out.

Enjoy little Evelyn Paige!

Ellen
Mamma to Lucy 2/27/03

sntm
03-22-2003, 06:12 PM
congratulations!!!!!

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03