PDA

View Full Version : I need help with avator...

Andrea S
03-20-2003, 11:07 PM
I do not know much about posting pictures on the computer I just this week sat down and figured out how to download pictures from the digital camera. So tonight I got brave and was trying to put Andrew's picture up here. I went to my documents where my picutres are hanging out and cropped one and tried to make it small then went and typed it in on the edit profile and all I get in an X. What did I do wrong?

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

jojo2324
03-20-2003, 11:26 PM
The avatar image needs to be hosted by a website. You then enter the web address in your profile. But you have to make sure that the website allows public access; I know that Yahoo does not, for instance.

If you want to include an attachment with any of your posts, then you can use what's on your computer. But the file size needs to be less than 50K.

Mamahill has been very generous in hosting a number of our little ones' pictures, if you do not have a website. HTH!

mamahill
03-21-2003, 01:51 AM
If you email me the pic as an attachment, I'll be happy to crop/resize it for you and host it on my site. I've done it for many of the ladies here and assure you the pic isn't visible from DH's site - just hosted. I'll email you the URL you'll copy/paste into the avatar section. If you have your own web site (that doesn't require a password to access), just upload it there and use that URL. But like I said, I'm happy to do it. Love seeing the babies! [email protected]