PDA

View Full Version : When did you get a pillow for your child?

Melanie
03-21-2003, 03:38 AM
Did you give them a regular-size pillow? If not, where'd you get one or did you make it?

Ds is 16 mo and I think he's ready b/c he beelines for mine in bed (we co-sleep).

We're planning on transitioning to the crib mattress on the floor soon and I'm thinking he'd like a pillow of his own.

Is it safe now? Our Ped said it was okay if it's not ultra-soft, but then what's the point?

brubeck
03-26-2003, 08:34 PM
I started on pillows just after my daughter turned 1 and the ped said a blanket in the crib was okay.

I began with couch pillows (they're relatively stiff) in her play area. She quickly realied that they were fun to sit on and lie down on. She started to put them under her head when taking naps.

Then I bought her a travel size pillow (small and flat) to put in her crib. She loved it and used it every night.

At 18 months I transitioned her to a big girl bed and gave her a real pillow. I took the flattest one I had and washed it, making it even flatter. She stil uses it at 28 months but now I'm not afraid of fluffier ones.

COElizabeth
03-26-2003, 10:00 PM
There was another thread on this a few weeks ago - probably in the bedding area. The woman ended up finding the small size she wanted at Pottery Barn Kids (I think she got one of their little decorative pillows, but it would be a good size for a first pillow, I think).

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

COElizabeth
03-26-2003, 10:58 PM
Here is the link to the thread I mentioned:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID2/404.html

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02