PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Playsets - Any suggestions

mariabridge
03-21-2003, 01:46 PM
We are planning on getting one of those wooden outdoor playsets. Does anyone have any suggtions/recommendations on these?

ddmarsh
03-21-2003, 02:22 PM
We love the Rainbow systems and I believe they are having a 25% off special right now, but I'm not positive about that. They are expensive, but the quality and stability of them is amazing.

www.rainbowplay.com (you can order a catalog here I believe)

Take care -
Debbie

cara1
03-21-2003, 03:39 PM
There was a big story in the news lately that the wood for swingsets is aresenic-treated and can cause cancer. Parents were advised not to let children eat anywhere near swingsets such as these. Just a thought..........

egoldber
03-21-2003, 03:59 PM
Actually, it is pressure treated lumber that is treated with arsenic as the preservative. The website says that the Rainbow playsets are cedar and redwood, both of which are naturally weather resistant woods.

HTH,

ddmarsh
03-21-2003, 04:01 PM
That's a good point, but it relates to the type of wood that you see on the ones sold at places like hardware stores, TRU, etc. Rainbow sets (and other brands like them ) are made of redwood and do not contain arsenic.

HTH -
Debbie

momathome
03-21-2003, 11:09 PM
I second the recomendation for Rainbow play systems. We bought one a year ago and my girls love it! The quality and saftey features are very impressive. The wood and swingset brackets have a life-time guarantee and the company was great to deal with. Good luck!
-Lauren

AngelaS
03-22-2003, 09:38 AM
CedarWorks! My inlaws bought my girls a CedarWorks set and we LOVE it! It has internal platforms so my 15 mo old dd could climb up VERY safely without having to use a ladder. And the top level is all enclosed if you want it to be, so they can only go down the slide or the platforms.

And...no splinters! I highly recommend CW! They were wonderful to work with!!