PDA

View Full Version : Rachel and Kathy...I was thinking of you today!

todzwife
03-21-2003, 06:22 PM
You know, while my head was in the toilet! LOL! I hope you both are doing considerably better than I am! I haven't been able to keep anything down today, and as soon as DH gets home I have to go to the clinic to get an IV. Yipee...:( Just wanted to check in. I got off work early (beacuse I was in the bathroom most of the day) and I am going to try to go to sleep. Take care!
Shandelle ;)
EDD 10/25/03

atlbaby
03-21-2003, 07:09 PM
Shandelle,

I was thinking about you too today!! I'm so sorry to hear that you are not doing well either, but hopefully the IV treatment will help you some. I was hoping to get off the IV today, but I think my head must have been in la-la land! My OB wants it at least through Monday (the nurse came and changed the site today thank G-d, it was hurting like crazy!). I WAS feeling a bit better this morning, but now I am back to my baseline of feeling like sh!t, and I wonder if it was just my imagination. :(

BUT, it was gorgeous outside today (yay Spring!) so that made me feel good! Plus, I just got tickets to see Matchbox Twenty (love Rob Thomas!:) ) to cheer myself up. The weird thing is, I saw them in concert for their last album when I was pregnant last time--same time of year, and I was about the same number of weeks along!

I hope you feel better after getting some fluids!! Let me know how things go, I'll be thinking of you!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

KathyO
03-21-2003, 08:40 PM
I don't know how to say this... I seem to be doing better today! And now DH is flopped on the couch, when he's not in the bathroom, and we're wondering if my two days of intense *urp* was a passing flu? Oh, heavens, I hope so!! It seems like an awful thing to say in the company of my sisters-in-nausea, but Ghod, I want off the queasy train!!!

Living in hope,

KathyO

todzwife
03-21-2003, 09:23 PM
Kathy, your posts always make me laugh! I hope that it was the flu too! Woudln't that be wonderful!?! Mine is definately NOT the flu, and to make matters worse...my mom thinks it's HILARIOUS! She just laughed and laughed when I told her I was sick! She never got sick (7 kids)so she has no sympathy. She said "suck it up! You wanted this baby!" Uh..yeah I did (and still do) but shoot I never signed up for the morning sickness! I want off this train too!
Shandelle ;)
EDD 10/25/03

todzwife
03-21-2003, 09:27 PM
Aww Rachel! I am so sorry that youa re struggling too! This is no fun! I finally kept some stuff down (for 4 hours yeah!) So I think that I will see how I do the rest of the night. I think it will be tons better now that I am home and not changing stinky dipes! LOL!
Get better!
Shandelle ;)

atlbaby
03-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Kathy and Shandelle, I'm so glad to hear you both are doing better!!

Shandelle, I hope you were able to keep food down for the rest of last night, and had a positive day today!

And Kathy, that would be AMAZING if you were feeling yucky because you had a bug!! I hope so!

I'm hoping you both had great days and continue to get better!

-Rachel

KathyO
03-22-2003, 10:36 PM
Take heart... your Mom may never have had morning sickness, but I believe Vicki Iovine, who says that the Goddess of Reproduction has a way of evening things out. You'll come away with absolutely no stretch marks, or you'll lose all the weight in a flash, or something like that that SHE didn't have!!!

My friend who was the most horribly, gruesomely ill for her entire pregnancy (so bad she had to go on disability), had two incredibly short, easy labours (4 hours the first time, half an hour the second) and babies who slept through the night before the first month was out!!

Your reward is coming, in some form...

Cheers,

KathyO

atlbaby
03-22-2003, 10:49 PM
Oooh, that reward sounds good right about now!! If what you say is true (and I'll believe ANYTHING right about now!), then I've got some payback coming! With Arielle I was sick for 18 weeks (but nothing like this!), had some other minor issues the rest of the time--and then d*amn back-labor for nearly 24 hours! I always like to go by the motto "there are those worse off..." when I'm feeling down, but it's alright to want a bit of a break too, rigth? :)

How are you doing today? I hope you're feeling well, and can eat/drink some.

-Rachel

todzwife
03-23-2003, 02:41 AM
I did a lot better today. I don't know why, but I am pretty sure that my getting sick has a lot to do with my blood sugar levels. Every time I got sick yesterday I checked it and it was always low, and when I felt ok it was normal. So I am going to try to keep it up. It seems to be worse when I eat early in the morning (like at my 4 am potty trip)instead of waiting until later. (Weird huh?) But anyway. I gotta go to sleep! I am pooped!
Shandelle ;)
EDD 10/25/03

twins r fun
03-23-2003, 03:53 PM
Sorry to butt into your thread with something off topic (and am so sorry you guys are feeling crappy). But this is kind of funny Rachel! I also went to the Matchbox Twenty concert when pregnant with Jacob and Caleb (was that 2 years ago?). I don't love Matchbox Twenty (do like them, though), but they were touring with Everclear and I was really in to them! It was early May here and I had just found out I was pregnant like a week before. We almost didn't go to it because I didn't feel good (and was still in shock about being pregnant)! Anyway, just found that amusing with all the other similarities we seem to have!

Nicole

Edited to Add: BTW, when's the concert?!