PDA

View Full Version : Happy Due Date, Karen (stillplayswithbarbies)

mamahill
03-21-2003, 08:51 PM
Thinking of you today! Hope that you are feeling well. Easy labor/delivery vibes your way...

mama2be
03-22-2003, 12:09 AM
HMMMM...could she be at the hospital??? No word from her!!!!
How exciting!!! You are in our thoughts and prayers...keep us posted!!!

stillplayswithbarbies
03-22-2003, 03:18 PM
Thanks!

But I am still here, still with the baby on the inside!

Went to the doctor yesterday and saw the midwife. She says it is not ready yet. Only 1cm dilated. I have an appointment for a sonogram and non-stress test for next WEDNESDAY and she thinks I may go that long or longer. Or Baby could surprise us and come anytime. As long as Baby is healthy, I am willing to wait for nature to take its course. But I feel humongous and just feel like I am getting bigger and bigger. :) I know it is all in my head.

I am so ready! I have been drinking raspberry leaf tea, but I probably should have started that weeks ago.

Any other suggestions? I am not brave enough to try the Castor Oil thing. :::shudder:::

...Karen
Mom to Jake age 12 and expecting Logan Elizabeth or Garrett Logan, EDD March 21

flagger
03-22-2003, 03:51 PM
>Any other suggestions? I am not brave enough to try the
>Castor Oil thing. :::shudder:::

Have you thought about the Baby Dance (Sex)? Many on this board swear by it. (And I don't think it could be ALL men who are posting that.) :)

atlbaby
03-22-2003, 10:53 PM
I don't have any suggestions (I had Arielle at 39 weeks, but boy I felt like it was 42!), but I wanted to wish you lots of luck! And although I know it feels like you're expanding by the minute, it IS all in your head, I promise! It is so hard waiting, but you'll have your beautiful baby soon!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

MartiesMom2B
03-22-2003, 11:41 PM
I was organizing my notes from birthing class and on the sheet that says how to stimulate a slow labor, they say that there are two pressure points. One is the ho-ku point located at the end of the crease between the thumb and forefinger. Press w/ thumb. The other is the San-Yin-Chaio point located 3 finger widths above the inner ankle.

I don't know if these work or not. Let me know.

Oh I also read that castor oil, just cleans everything out and that it doesn't stimulate anything. You could try nipple stimulation too.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

Rachels
03-23-2003, 02:07 PM
Hang in there! One centimeter is a good start! I had LOTS of painful contractions getting that first centimeter, so you're in good shape for beginning labor as soon as that baby is ready. There are some fun old threads about ways to jump-start labor, although the fact of it is that you just have to wait until your body says it's time. But if you're on the brink, try Chinese food! It worked for me and for several of my friends. :) With your midwife's okay, you could also try Black Cohosh. Happy birthing!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

alkagift
03-24-2003, 09:01 AM
That's funny that you mentioned Chinese food, Rachel! There's a restaurant here that has hundreds of pictures of very pregnant women who went in to labor shortly after eating...Eggplant Parmesan!! They swear by it!

Karen, it sounds like you're at the end of the tunnel--it's coming soon!

Allison
Expecting #1 5/27/03

stillplayswithbarbies
03-24-2003, 02:40 PM
Well, baby is still on the inside. :)

I think it is because the nursery is not ready yet and Baby refuses to come out until it is painted and the furniture is all set up. :)

It's all sort of anticlimactic once the due date passes, isn't it? It's like something was supposed to happen and we missed it and now it is all over. Sometimes I even forget I am pregnant . . .

I'm hoping Baby decides to come on Thursday, since that is the day the midwife is on call. All the other days are ob/gyns.

maybe we'll have chinese food tonight . . .

...Karen
Mom to Jake age 12 and expecting Logan Elizabeth or Garrett Logan, EDD March 21