PDA

View Full Version : One of THOSE moments. . .

newbelly2002
03-22-2003, 12:46 PM
We've all had them. Those moments when what grace and elegance you have left in your person goes flying headfirst and screaming out the window.

Mine was yesterday.

Although most of my friends know that I love ice cream, I don't think anyone--including me--knew the depths of this affair until yesterday. A pair of friends, DH and myself (with 2 babies in tow) went out to a Gelataria in Potsdamer Platz for ice cream. DS slept in his stroller while the other baby hapily munched on a cookie. I look at the menu (which are, in my defense, meant to entice. THey are full color, gorgeous and sexy photosgraphs of each extravengant sundae)although I'm pretty sure I know what I want. I've been dreaming all day about this one luscious sundae--but I look just in case. I decide on the "Bailey's Cup" (my original decision), but only after looking at each and every sundae. I can't stop thinking about how good it will taste as I wait for the waitress to come for the order. Then I feel like something on my shirt. I look down on my brand-new olive green T-shirt (one with an actual shape no less!)to see that my left breast is soaked. Not a couple of drips, but the entire thing is dark and dripping. Mortified, I stand up and run to the lady's room. I hand express about 5 minutes worth of milk into the toliet (oh the injustice), pad my bra with toilet paper (so now I'm lopsided as well as stained) and stand in the microscopically small sink space beneath the hand dryer directing it toward my boob. Other women--in heels, furs, etc--just shake their heads.

Now, I have to say that BF has been hard for me. I have made so little milk from the beginning on. Over the course of 8 months I have used only 1/2 of a small box of nursing pads (maybe 20 total). I have never leaked during the day--not even in the beginning.

It used to take a little more than just ice cream. Sheesh.

Paula

jojo2324
03-22-2003, 12:59 PM
OMG Paula...did the ice cream melt while you were expressing in the toilet?!?! You poor thing...I have never had full out leakage like that, but whenever some spots did emerge, I always sprinkled some water on the other side. :D

I must say, I was getting used to the normal proportions of boobs when Gannon got sick. Now that I've been nursing him non-stop, I am getting engorged all the time. I am experiencing some lop-sidedness myself this morning. A friend offered to take G-man out for a walk this morning. That was about an hour ago. I (by that I mean my breast)am anxiously (!!!) awaiting their return so that I can make things a bit more even. Hope your t-shirt recovered! :D

newbelly2002
03-22-2003, 01:19 PM
The worst part was to realize just how excited I had become over ice cream! I thought that was supposed to happen when you look at your baby sleeping/eating/moving and realize the depth of your love for him. Or at least something like that.

But ice cream? Is my life really that dry these days?!

Hopefully the T-shirt will come out fine. I only but cotton these days anyway.

Paula

sweetbasil
03-22-2003, 02:44 PM
Sounds like "dry" isn't quite the right word to describe your life these days :) Just kidding! How embarrassing...at least you're already laughing (at least a little bit) about it. I think you should've gotten a second sundaetoo, just because of all you went through for the first one!

KathyO
03-22-2003, 02:46 PM
It may not be the ice cream at all... I didn't have spontaneous letdown often, but when I did, there would be no apparent reason at all!! Once was in a gas station - and even at my most emotional, I'm not THAT excited by gasoline!!!

Cheers,

KathyO

Momof3Labs
03-22-2003, 04:05 PM
Paula,

How 'bout describing that sundae to those of us who won't be in Germany anytime soon, and seeing if anyone else gets a soaked shirt? LOL! (I'm kidding, but I'm not - I want to know about this sundae! You know, "I'll have what she's having".)