PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I hope I don't jinx myself with this post...

etwahl
03-22-2003, 11:24 PM
But, I feel I've finally turned a corner. I'm actually feeling confident and much more comfortable with Lauren and with this mothering thing. I realized it mostly today when MIL arrived, and I realized I was sick of guests, etc. And the fact that I hate giving her up to anyone. I've become totally possessive and want her all to myself. So I feel I'm getting better at this. And just enjoying her so much. I also can't wait to be alone finally. MIL leaves on Wednesday 1pm, and am ready to just have Lauren all to myself for the first time. I've had a day alone here and there, but I think this will be different, because now I'm getting the hang of it.

I also had the swing set up, the bouncy seat (although I've heard mixed reviews about when I can use the FP Kick 'n Play bouncer), the tiny love mobile, the sling, etc.

I think I can do this... Thanks to everyone for the continued support. I know I will continue to have bad days, but it's getting better and better.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

MartiesMom2B
03-22-2003, 11:33 PM
Tammy:

This isn't going to jinx yourself. You are doing a great job. I hope I do as well as you have when Martie comes. I've been thinking about you a lot, and I'm glad that things are looking up.

I hope when my parents and MIL leaves I'll be happy to see them go rather than cry and wish they were staying longer.

You are my hero Tammy, keep up the good work.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

atlbaby
03-22-2003, 11:38 PM
That's great news Tammy! I'm so happy to hear you are feeling more confident taking care of Lauren, and you will only continue to feel comfortable with her as time progresses! And it's perfectly alright to feel possessive of her--she's yours!:) Thanksgiving came wnen Arielle was 3 weeks old, and we were at my inlaws with a big crowd--I didn't get to hold her for over an hour and I was going NUTS!! I was so thrilled when I had to bf her, and I didn't want to return downstairs!

The Tiny Love mobile is great--we still have the music box part of it in Arielle's crib and she still loves it!

You are doing a fabulous job, and no jinxes allowed for this post!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

mharling
03-23-2003, 12:02 AM
You certainly will not jinx yourself!! Glad to hear your comfort level is increasing and you're feeling better.

In a few weeks when I'm posting my own 'how the heck do I do/handle this' questions, you'll be able to give me your own BTDT perspective!!!

Mary
EDD 4/5/03

ctsiouts
03-23-2003, 08:37 AM
Tammy -

I just wanted to let you know that we used our FP kick and play the second week although not for very long at first... I just put Anya in it and buckled her up and watched her reactions. Same with our swing. I always supervised her, of course, and as time went by she preferred one over the other, then both, and finally didn't like either anymore.... sniff!

I also wanted to say that you can DEFINITELY 'do this', I think a lot of times its really difficult to have your first child for the first few weeks, and it does get much easier. Well, it gets harder AND much easier, if that makes any sense. If it matters at all to you I can tell just from this one post that you are and will continue to be a great, loving momma - and in my opinion the love is the single most important and exciting thing!

Christy
DD - Anya Christina 08-09-02

Rachels
03-23-2003, 09:33 AM
It won't jinx you! It's wonderful that you're feeling better, and it's also okay if you have a time where you bottom out again. Motherhood is something of a roller coaster, I've found. Nobody thinks badly of you for being on this wild ride. I'm so excited that you're having a better time!

As for the MIL stuff, I know what you mean. It's okay to ask for her back when you get that aching-arms thing going. You and Lauren need each other. Let MIL hold her, but when you need her back, say so. She's yours!

:)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mcmorfit
03-23-2003, 02:19 PM
Tammy,

YIPPEE!

Glad to hear things are going well. You won't jinx yourself either. Everybody kept telling me that each day will get better, and then each week will get better, etc. I must say that I can fall into that camp now. It is an exciting dance - one step forward, one step back!

Ellen
Mamma to Lucy 2/27/03

mama2be
03-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Tammy what great news...I knew that you and Lauren would do great and become a strong team I just knew it. And I beleive you'll do even better once alone and get to devote all of your time to her.

Congrats Tammy and Lauren...You BOTH are doing great!!!

egoldber
03-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Congrats on things going better!

And as for the bouncer, if you don't have the manual to check, I would give FP customer service a call: 1-800-432-5437

SASM
03-23-2003, 09:58 PM
Hi Tammy,

I am so happy to hear that you are doing well and feeling more confident!! Enjoy the "help" while it is there but I TOTALLY agree ~ it is so nice to have the baby to yourself :-) Enjoy your time together :-) Take care.

Oh...I don't know if I am a horrible parent because I have NO IDEA what you are talking about regarding the Kick N Play. I think Ian was in it the first or second day we were home (observed, of course). He loves it ~ swaddled or unswaddled, bouncing or vibrating. I often use it to get him settled after his 3/4am feeding.

Take care. :-)

etwahl
03-23-2003, 10:10 PM
How did you swaddle him in it? I'm trying to figure out how his legs would get into the straps swaddled up!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

jenmcadams
03-23-2003, 10:58 PM
First of all congrats on feeling comfortable and starting to have fun with Lauren...you sound like you're doing great.

Second, I know you were asking someone else here, but I thought I'd chime in. I know this probably makes me sound like a bad mom but we rarely strapped Abbie in when we used the Kick n Play for the 1st month or two...We were always watching her and especially if we had her swaddled, we knew she wasn't moving. She sat long before she rolled over, so by the time I was worried enough to strap her in, the bouncy seat wasn't really useful b/c she would sit up in it. However, at the beginning, Abbie loved to be swaddled and have the vibration mode turned on with the Kick n Play...she took naps in it like that for the first few weeks.

nigele
03-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Tammy,

I'm so glad to hear it! As you say, you will have bad days, but you will also build up more confidence as time goes by.

FYI, I used our Kick 'n Play bouncer at around six weeks with no problems. It was a lifesaver!

Take care,