PDA

View Full Version : Attn.: Ohio Moms -- Found New Baby Store

August Mom
03-23-2003, 02:42 PM
I received coupons in the mail for a baby store that I had not visited, so, of course, I had to check it out. :) It's called The Kid's Village and is located in the Gahanna/New Albany area east of Columbus. If you are looking for hard-to-find baby items and want to see them in person, you may want to give The Kid's Village a call. I could not believe that the Zooper Peas and Carrots high chair was on display. I called every baby store I could find in Ohio and no one had it (or so I thought) and here it was in my back yard. I went to Pittsburgh, PA to see it. Ugh. Other items of note were the Inglesina Zippy, Zooper Z Street, various Macs, Kelty Joyrider 16" and Dreamer Design Deluxe 16". The full line of Prima Pappas and Britax carseats (with many covers) were there too. Also, there were lots of Robeez to see in person. :) I didn't really check out the cribs and bedding, although there was a whole section of furniture. There also were clothes, toys and safety gear. It seemed that at least in the toy department, the store carried many items that received raves on the Internet but were not stocked by BRU. Anyway, I have a feeling I'll be back. DH won't be happy that I got on The Kid's Village mailing list somehow. :)

BTW, I was told that the store opened in November 2002 and therefore isn't cross-referenced on all the manufacturers' sites yet (hence my problem locating the Zooper high chair there).

Here's a link to the on-line coupons. They expire 3/31/03. http://www.babynewsstores.com/best4baby/index_kids_village.html The Kid's Village is located at 4892 Morse Road, New Albany Square Shopping Center, Gahanna, Ohio 43230. Phone number: 614-775-5437.

For those of you who may be coming up from Cincinnati (or down from Cleveland/Akron) to shop at Easton, this store is very near there.