PDA

View Full Version : Update on Evelyn's breastfeeding probs and a picture!

jaime_n_jay
03-23-2003, 07:33 PM
Thank you all for congratualtions and advice. Evelyn and I just completed our third breastfeeding session where she fed exclusively from my breast. What an answer to prayer! We have had several baby steps along the way and currently we are still using a nipple shield and pumping just prior to nursing (to 'prime' my boob...hehehe!) But the feeling of her at my breast, looking into my eyes, and hearing her swallow my milk is the purest, most beautiful thing in the world. I know that soon we will be feeding without any interventions.

We have endured sucking reflex problems, latching difficulties, plugged ducts, blisters, and so much heartbreak, but it has been worth every tear and every moment of pain. I am crying while writing this I am so happy!!!! We hired a lactation consultant to come out to the house within 24 hours of being home and she is the reason we are becoming succesful. Without these boards, I would never have known that lactation consultants even existed...thank you all so much!

To see a picture of Evelyn, please go to
http://www.edward.org and click on Online Nursery Arrivals.
1st password: 0219ie206125
2nd password: schu

Such a beautiful face to gaze into!

Jaime
mother of Evelyn Paige 3-15-03 (named after her great grandmother!)

Rachels
03-23-2003, 08:35 PM
Yay!!!!!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear it's going well.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

COElizabeth
03-23-2003, 08:45 PM
She's a real sweetheart! Congratulations again on her birth, and kudos to you for hanging in there through the rough BF start. I'm so glad to hear things are going better now. You're both doing great!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

egoldber
03-23-2003, 08:59 PM
Congratulations! Isn't it amazing? The difference with one visit with the right LC was like night and day for us in terms of nursing.

Enjoy your little one!

atlbaby
03-23-2003, 10:07 PM
Jaime,

Evelyn is so beautiful,thanks for sharing her picture with us!!! I'm so glad to hear you are having success with breastfeeding now, it is truly an amazing experience!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

mharling
03-24-2003, 12:11 AM
She's adorable!!! And congrats on the bf milestone. That's great news!

Mary
EDD 4/5/03

newbelly2002
03-24-2003, 05:20 AM
What a sweetheart! Thanks for sharing. And congrat with the BF--it's a tough road but worth it in the end.

Paula