PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre question for Aquarius parents and babies...

SASM
03-24-2003, 01:30 PM
Hi! I know this is an EXTREMELY bizarre question, but are your, or your baby's, hands/feet cold year-round?

A friend forwarded Ian's "Horoscope for Children" and I am curious about how accurate this thing is. Right now, due to his age, I can only base this on physical observations of Ian. One thing that it says is "In the body, Aquarius rules the ankles and the circulation of blood--they tend to have cold hands and feet, even as adults, due to a sluggish constitution that needs some exercise and physical activity." Horoscopes and astrology are NOT my thing but this whole horoscope just leaves me a bit curious. :-)

Thanks for the input!! :-)

C99
03-24-2003, 02:00 PM
Yep -- mine are. I don't know if Nate's are yet, since he's only 2 months old.

jojo2324
03-24-2003, 02:06 PM
ABSOLUTELY! I have battled cold feet and hands my whole life. I can't even count the number of times I've heard "Put on a sweater!" because I've complained about how cold I am. And I can concur with the "sluggish constitution." And my ankles are always killing me. They are always cracking and feeling a bit over-extended. I suppose I do need "some exercise and physical activity." Tomorrow, I promise, tomorrow.

SASM
03-24-2003, 03:15 PM
Hi Joanne and Caroline!

Wow...This IS freaky!! Ian's hands and feet always seem cold, even when the climate is moderate. He is always wearing socks and his extremity skin tone is normal. I thought this was just a fluke but maybe it is due to his being an Aquarius!! Really bizarre. Caroline, Ian and Nate are a few days apart. :-)

LisaS
03-24-2003, 03:46 PM
I always have freezing hands and feet and I am a Capricorn (1/12). DD, an aquarius (1/23) does not have cold hands and feet at all - in fact, she's usually very warm.

Sorry to break the theory.

newbelly2002
03-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Perhaps we've started a *new* theory, Lisa. I'm Capricorn too (12/30) and was about to write the same thing--cold hands, cold feet, and (embarressingly enough) extremely cold butt. Amazing where the circulation will--and won't--go, whatever your sign.

Paula

mamahill
03-24-2003, 04:02 PM
My hands and feet are cold ALL the time, much to DH's chagrin ("But your legs are WARM, why can't I warm my feet up on them?") and I'm a Taurus. Do we bulls have circulation issues? I thought it was just hereditary (mom and gma have cold issues as well).

atlbaby
03-24-2003, 04:31 PM
I'm a Leo and always have cold hands and feet too. The worst part is that I hate going to bed with socks on, but then my feet stay cold! Maybe it's a female thing? I also thought it could just be hereditary since my grandmother would always say that her hands/feet were cold.

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

LisaS
03-24-2003, 04:50 PM
I'm laughing at the butt...I thought I was the only one! Even in coats, pants or tights and skirts, my butt is freezing, and in the winter, so cold that it gets dry. (I keep saying I should switch from thong underwear - perhaps underwear w/more butt coverage will add an extra layer of warmth, but i'm not sure.)

LisaS
03-24-2003, 04:51 PM
If you don't want to sleep w/socks, have you tried tucking your blanket under your feet? I feel funny sleeping in socks but found that this helps. I pretty much make a cocoon out of the bottom of the blanket around my feet and it helps keep some warmth in.

atlbaby
03-24-2003, 06:53 PM
Funny you should mention that! I do this, and DH is *constantly* calling me a blanket hog, because I gather all of the blanket to tuck under my feet! It *does* help--but I wish they made footed pjs for adults!:) Actually, I do have an amazingly comfy fleece "onesie" of sorts from Lands End, but it's *too* warm for sleeping, and sadly it is without footsies. Sorry, a bit OT there!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

cuca_
03-24-2003, 06:58 PM
I always have cold feet and hands too, but I'm a scorpio. Worst of all my nose gets very cold easily. I always talk about inventing some sort of nose guard for the winter.

Carmen
EDD 5/31/03

memedee
03-24-2003, 08:54 PM
I am an aquarius and have always had cold and yech clammy hands
When I was a teenager and dating I never wanted to hold anyones hands because I would always get ew why are you so cold and clammy.
Anyway the cold feet at night and cold nose.
Now I know it is because I am an aquarius!!

jojo2324
03-25-2003, 12:12 AM
But aren't women more prone to poor circulatory issues to begin with? Something about hearkening back to the old days, when the men were out hunting and gathering and the women were home preparing the hearth. I guess because the men relied on their bodies to keep them warm to combat the cold weather outdoors, and we did not? I dunno, I could be making this up, but I think I have heard this...No matter, DH and I are ALWAYS fighting over the thermostat! :D

SASM
03-25-2003, 08:16 AM
Thanks, girls!

You have me cracking up!! Okay...so maybe the horoscope thing is NOT accurate ~ YEAH! I didn't like some of the things that were in there anyway :-)