PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else's baby snore?

egoldber
03-24-2003, 04:26 PM
I am sitting here at the computer listening to Sarah snore away in the monitor. I HOPE she doesn't end up snoring like her daddy. Yikes! Although he doesn't keep me awake, he has been known to wake other people in the guest bedroom. :)

etwahl
03-24-2003, 04:28 PM
Lauren does make some noises in her sleep, but the funniest of all is that she snorts! She has done it since birth. It's actually really funny. She really snorts when she's mad or crying hard.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

nigele
03-24-2003, 04:38 PM
Beth,

Yes - Thomas snores! I don't know who does it more, him or his Daddy. Either way, they both keep me up all night. I should set up a bed for them to share in the guest room and give me some peace!

brubeck
03-24-2003, 07:04 PM
My daughter was the loudest breather/snorer of any baby I have ever heard. She was incredibly loud when she slept and incredibly loud when she was awake. When she was awake it sounded like she was congested (even when she wasn't). I went to church once with her in the Baby Bjorn and like an angel she fell asleep. The pastor said, 'Let us pray.' and everyone fell silent. Except my daughter the snoring machine. People on the other side of the room were staring at us. Fortunately she was young enough that all I got was an, 'Oh how cute!' or two.

When I went to Mommy groups people would give me dirty looks because they thought my baby was ill and would contaminate their precious quiet babies. :-)

The ped said that it was the shape of her nasal passages and as her head grew she would grow out of it. She eventually did, but it took almost the entire first year.

beckyr88
03-24-2003, 11:32 PM
DD doesn't snore, really, but she does make a lot of noises that sound like a creaking ship... :) DH on the other hand.....

Becky
mama to Stella 2-21-03

jubilee
03-24-2003, 11:40 PM
Jacob snored incredably, and when I told his ped, we discovered Jacob needed his tonsils and adnoids taken out. He also had sleep apnea. He had his surgery when he was about 2 years old. Not to alarm you, but certainly mention it to the doctor.

egoldber
03-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Oh Sarah's not loud. DH on the other hand...

jojo2324
03-25-2003, 12:25 AM
DH could blow the roof off the house! And you should hear him sneeze!! He sneezed one night a few months ago and the next day at work our neighbor, who works with him, asked, "Did you sneeze last night around 9?" I couldn't believe it! And it seems that poor Gano has inherited the paternal sneeze issues, from his first moments even. :( Not that I am some delicate sneezer, but c'mon! They have precursor sneezes!!

DS will snore on occasion, but has yet to show DH's intensity.

dogmom
03-26-2003, 11:25 AM
My son snores, but it tends to be very positional. Usually when he's in his baby sling/carrier. Sometimes at night. My DH snores also, he has been a loud snorer all his life. Soon as I got together with him I realized he had sleep apnea. I'm an ICU nurse, so I would wake up with this adrenaline rush thinking I had a patient in respiratory arrest, when it was just my husband. Having said that, sleep apnea is serious. We got a sleep study done and he got a CPAP machine that allows him to breathe through the night and NOT SNORE. He wakes up rested now instead of spending all day tired. He hated the machine for a long time and didn't use it all the time. After I got pregnant he started using is regularly and now he has different masks that make it much better. He does notice a big different. If your husband falls a sleep easily during the day and/or if you notice he has periods when he "stops" breathing he should really talk to his doctor about it. It's actually not that common condition in infants, and I don't think it's hereditary. So I'm just hoping my son just snores.

Jeanne
Mother of Harvey