PDA

View Full Version : Mold for footprint/handprints

nigele
03-24-2003, 04:44 PM
I asked DH to give me an imprint of Tom's hand- and footprints for me for Mother's Day and he has no idea where to find a kit for this. I started to look around but wondered if anybody found one that they loved?

TIA!

mama2be
03-24-2003, 05:05 PM
I have not been able to log onto the Yahoo group picutes in weeks!!!! So this is the first time I've got to see his picutre Oh he is handsome!!!!

He does look alot like daddy with his glasses on!!! What an angel!!!

I got one of these kits for a shower gift but it is a memory box with a place for a picture and I think just a foot print maybe. I think I saw them at BRU I have not done mine yet. I wonder if in the picutre part a hand print could substitute...I don't think you could fit a clay hand in there BUT maybe a clay foot in the thick frame and an ink hand print in the other part :)...

Just brainstorming!!!

Hallie_D
03-24-2003, 05:07 PM
I saw a cute kit with a frame and everything in BRU for something like $30. They also sell similar kits without the picture frame for much less at Michael's or other craft stores. I didn't buy the BRU kit and haven't used the stuff from Michael's yet! I don't know how crafty your husband is--mine would rather do almost anything than be forced to go into a craft store on his own, let alone picking out a mold and frame himself--so paying more for the complete set at BRU might be easier!!

August Mom
03-24-2003, 06:19 PM
We used a kit called Baby Prints. There are 2 styles that I have seen: 1 is a wall-mounted wood frame in a natural finish. It has room for a photo and handprint/footprint and can be hung horizontally or vertically; 1 is a table-top model with a hinged frame with a cherry finish. It can accommodate a 5x7 or 4x6 vertical photo and and handprint/footprint in the other side. Both kits are around $30. We got them at the Discovery Channel Store. I also have seen the wall-mount frame at BRU. The wall-mount version has pink and blue backgrounds (you choose which you want). The tabletop version has a tan background. They also make a wall mount version with a tan background that's supposed to be for pet's paw prints. The quality of the natural frame is so so IMO, but the product was very easy to use. You can even redo the prints several times if you're not happy with the results. And, it's not messy. I did DS's prints at around 2 weeks and had enough of the imprint material for both a handprint and footprint.

Here are some links:

http://shopping.discovery.com/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10000&storeId=10000&productId=25854&langId=-1&search=Y&searchKey=-1808451217

http://shopping.discovery.com/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10000&storeId=10000&productId=22432&langId=-1&search=Y&searchKey=-1808451217

http://shopping.discovery.com/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10000&storeId=10000&productId=24206&langId=-1&search=Y&searchKey=1470391346

JulieL
03-24-2003, 08:20 PM
I just used this mold on my son yesterday. I am happy with the results. It was easy and not messy at all. There was so much of the material that I got a hand and foot print out of it. I personally really like the color of the blond wood frame. Haven't put in a pic yet. Still have to get them developed.

-JulieL
mama to Anthony 3/23/02

COElizabeth
03-24-2003, 09:02 PM
Lisa,

Are you wanting prints of Tommy's hands and feet or replicas of the whole hand/foot? A friend gave us a gift certificate for a HandScape, a shadow box with a full cast of James' hand and foot inside. The woman who made it made molds of James' foot and hand using the pink stuff dentists' offices use to make molds of teeth for retainers, mouthguards, etc. Then she used that mold to create the hard white (plaster?) casts. They are mounted in a nice shadow box (I got to pick the frame and double mat colors) with handpainted blocks spelling out his name. It was challenging to keep James reasonably still during the couple of minutes it took for the material to set, but I chanted and sang to him long enough for her to get 2-3 molds of both the hand and foot, and it turned out really well.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

anna lisa
03-25-2003, 12:30 AM
What Yahoo Group site are you refering to??

We have pictures out there?

heidi_timms
03-25-2003, 02:36 AM
Hi!

I had a friend that ordered this kit. It's called the "baby keepsake kit" from redenvelope.com. It's a beautiful frame and plaster kit for a photo and print. I am thinking that this would be good gift for my husband's first Father's day!

~Heidi

I pasted the link here, but it looks long. You might have to cut and paste this into your browser:

http://www.redenvelope.com/re/gifts/product_display/product_information.jsp?nc=129675&BV_SessionID=@@@@0189263382.1048573043@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccadchkmggkljcefecefedfgfdfmg.0&bct2=recipient&bcp2=1&bcm2=1$$-8070&bct4=for%20mother&bcp4=3&bcm4=1$$-8075&bct5=new%20mom&bcp5=4&bcm5=1$$-8109@@2$$0&refPg=%2fproduct_display%2fgift_results.jsp&oid=4322471