PDA

View Full Version : Due in 3 weeks - and I'm miserable

jubilee
03-25-2003, 12:25 AM
I'm so ready for this baby! Right now I'm still working full-time, last day is Thursday, and it just sucks all the life out of me. I feel so dead tired, and the sinus infection I have isn't helping either. The baby feels like he's ready to drop right out of me when I walk around. I'm not sure if I've dropped (how can you tell?). Contractions have been very irregular, just Braxton-Hicks. Is it too early to start trying to self-induce? I really am excited about his arrival, and can't wait to meet him. I haven't experienced any "nesting" or any energy at all. Does everyone feel this way at the end? Just had to whine...

Karenn
03-25-2003, 03:02 AM
Hi Julie,
I don't know if everyone feels that way at the end, but I sure did! Hang in there! It'll all be worth it when the baby arrives! BTW, I'm no expert but I think that if the baby feels like he's ready to drop out of you when you walk around, it means you've dropped. :) You're almost there!

barbarhow
03-25-2003, 09:42 AM
Julie-I know exactly how you are feeling. I had my last day last Thursday. Am due today having tons of BHs. Every step I take is painful. The only way I got through that last week of work was to kick back in my chair and put my feet up a couple times a day. Lucky for me my officemates were totally supportive.
Can you treat yourself to a massage or a pedicure or something that will totally pamper you-Revive you a little.
At least you've dropped. Hopefully it won't be long now. And once you are home you will probably start feeling better.
Hang in there! Barbara

ctsiouts
03-25-2003, 11:19 AM
I remember that at 36 weeks I was like 'Ok, she's done!' I really wanted to meet her more than anything and I wasn't even that uncomfortable. But at that point I would have done anything to have had her a few weeks prematurely. Silly me! I am SO happy she waited, she didn't come until a few days after my due date and I can't believe how irrational I was, thinking there would be no problems with her coming out early! (Sorry, I am certainly NOT calling you irrational, by the way. I really was though, very serious about wanting her to be born early)
Hang in there, you will have your baby before you know it. Take advantage of the free time off of work to see a movie or something you won't be doing again for a LONG time!

Christy

MartiesMom2B
03-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Julie:

Yes I feel the same as you, except Martie hasn't dropped yet :( This stubborn little girl refuses to stick her head in my pelvis. I've tried pushing my belly down with a spatula (mostly to DH's amusement) and even jumped. I guess I just have to wait. But knowing that she only has 3 weeks left, I'm wondering if it will go down. It hasn't yet does that mean I could be atleast a week late? NOOOOOO!!!!!

Just like you, I'm tired all the time. I can't wait for that nesting instinct to kick in so I can finish my cleaning. I feel like my legs are going to split apart, and I have a stupid cold to top it all off.

Hang in there Julie, I'm sure you'll be in labor & delivery a lot sooner before I see those hospital doors.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

Magda
03-25-2003, 12:43 PM
I remember what that was like. I decided pregnancy was 40 weeks long because by the end of it you will do ANYTHING to get it out. I was actually bargining with the baby. "OK its 36 weeks. You can come out any time now. I'll get you a pony."

stillplayswithbarbies
03-25-2003, 12:48 PM
The last three weeks are the worst. I just felt bored with the whole thing and ready for it to be done already.

And here I am, 4 days past the due date, still waiting. I don't have any advice for you, just commiseration. :)

The lady that taught the Bradley childbirth class I attended said to drink raspberry leaf tea, so I have been doing that for the last 4 days. You might want to research that.

...Karen
Mom to Jake age 12 and expecting Logan Elizabeth or Garrett Logan, EDD March 21

mharling
03-25-2003, 01:49 PM
As I laid wide awake in bed last night with simultaneous heartburn and pain across my ribs, I had similar thoughts!!! It has dropped, but I haven't had any Braxton-Hicks. In reality, however, I do want to go to my due date (call me crazy)!!

Mary
EDD 4/5/03

trumansmom
03-25-2003, 05:02 PM
Too funny! I was promising Truman a convertible at that point!!

The last few weeks were soooo hard. My theory is that it's all part of the plan. By the time you go into labor you are so sick of being pregnant that you will do ANYTHING to get that baby out of you! Makes the delivery that much easier because you're so motivated!

Good luck. I was the whiniest pregnant person in the world, but I would do it again for twice as long because the pay off is just that worth it. You'll forget about these weeks as soon as you look into your little one's eyes.

Hang in there!
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

mamahill
03-25-2003, 08:34 PM
I was two and a half weeks early and I was as antsy as could be. I ate an entire pineapple (read that some acid in fresh pineapple might start stuff) a few days before I went into labor. Also, while I hesitate to mention it, I believe the reason I stayed in labor was due to an intimate moment DH and I shared. Not one of the "best," but hey, she was out 15 hours later!

jubilee
03-25-2003, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the cheering up you all gave me, knowing others felt the same somehow comforts me. (Misery loves company?!) I too am ready to buy the baby a pony, convertable or whatever just to motivate him to come out! People have told me to take long walks...but it hurts just to get up from a seated (or worse, a lying) position and take the walk down the hall to the bathroom! I'll look into the raspberry leaf tea though. I naturally want a healthy mature baby, but sure as heck hope that it's soon! I want to wish you all soon and easy labors for those due now or around the time I am...

parkersmama
03-26-2003, 12:08 AM
Just commiserating! I have 5 weeks to go til my due date and I'm already miserable. My first came on his due date and my second came 2 weeks early so now I've convinced myself that this one will be that early too! That means 3 weeks from today. :-) I am not a patient person so the further toward my due date I go the more irritated I will be!

I have no idea what works with getting labor started as I just let nature take it's course both times around. I have started to have all the "end of pregnancy" problems liek you are. Hard to walk, can't sleep good or get comfy, and swollen ankles. UGH. Lots of BH contractions, too, and even some in my back which the doctor said was normal with a 3rd child. Anyway, sorry for whining on your post but just wanted to let you know you're not alone! Hang in there!!!

barbarhow
03-26-2003, 11:33 PM
Good luck on your last day.-Believe me it is a relief to sit on the couch with my feet up and read a book. The other day I went out in search of a trampoline-thinking that might be the route to try. Rasberry tea sounds alot less painful. I totally hear your pain about getting up. or down, or turning over.......Soon-we will forget.
Barbara due 3/25/03 and waiting.