PDA

View Full Version : My ring is FINALLY back on my finger!!!!

SASM
03-25-2003, 08:48 AM
Okay, I just have to celebrate!! This morning I tried to put my engagement and wedding rings on and they FINALLY fit (although just barely) over my knuckle!!!! I have been without these rings since September (Week 23) ~ it is just not the same when they are worn around the neck!!! This has been a ritual of mine since Ian was born ~ "Let's try to SQUEEZE the rings on today!" YEAH...I can FINALLY look at my engagement/wedding ring again. I will never take those for granted again! HAPPY DAY!! :-)

sweetbasil
03-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Congrats- that's got to be a great feeling! Our jeweler says that the average woman has have her ring stretched 1/4 a size with each baby that comes, so if your fit back on its own, you're really doing great!

mcmorfit
03-25-2003, 10:15 AM
Congratulations! As one who hasn't been able to fit hers back on you are my idol!

Ellen
Mamma to Lucy 2/27/03

Momof3Labs
03-25-2003, 10:48 AM
Doesn't it feel great??? I had to shed (pry off?) my rings around week 20 and finally fit back into them at 2.5 months post-partum. They have gotten more comfortable since then.

Shoes, however, are another story...

MartiesMom2B
03-25-2003, 11:30 AM
Hooray for you! I can't wait to see my beautiful rings on my fingers again. I was very jelous of those who had theirs still on while I was in birthing class. I was just told at my last visit to cut back on the sodium because I'm gaining a lot of weight in fluid - yikes it might be a while before those puppies will get back on my finger.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

nathansmom
03-25-2003, 12:29 PM
Congrats!!! Hopefully mine will fit again real soon, its annoying my dh that I am not wearing it yet. Don't you just love the let's see if it fits today game?

COElizabeth
03-25-2003, 02:33 PM
That's great! It took 3 months for me to be able to wear my wedding band and then another month after that before I could wear it and my engagement ring together without feeling that they were REALLY tight. I would have driven myself crazy trying every day, though. I tried only every couple of weeks or so (after not even attempting for a month or two - I could tell my hands were still swollen just by looking at them and making a fist!).

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

Riley717
03-25-2003, 03:48 PM
I'm jealous of all of you...I cannot get my rings over my knuckle.

My fingers are not fat anymore, just can't get them over the knuckle which is so frustrating.

Stephanie
Mom to Quinn
11-13-02