PDA

View Full Version : parent bed safety

rebekah
03-25-2003, 12:01 PM
Hello everyone! My DD's been taking naps in our bed since she was a newborn. However, now that she's rolling around, I'm afraid she'll fall off the bed! We've tried putting pillows around the edges but the other day I found the pillow on the floor and my DH was there just in time to grab our little baby before she fell!!! Are there any safety products out there for the parent bed or will I have to be next to her every time she naps in our bed?

MartiesMom2B
03-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Rebekah:

My SIL has my nephew in a full size "big boy" bed and has the guards that you would put in a regular bed on either side of the matress. Perhaps this would help.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

sparkeze
03-27-2003, 01:11 AM
We've had some falling accidents! The best way at the beginning is to use bed rails (for toddlers) with pillows right inside them. The bed rail holds the pillows in place, but I felt I needed the pillows because there's a crevice between the bed rail and mattress that I could imagine DS getting stuck in. We did that until he started crawling over the pillows ready to hurl imself over the bedrail. Then we ended up taking the bed off the frame and putting a futon mattress next to the edge. DS did continue to hurl himself off the bed but at least he didn't hurt himself landing on the futon mattress! Now I am happy to report that he can climb off the bed safely onto the floor.