PDA

View Full Version : Help needed- letdown

juliasdad
03-25-2003, 12:41 PM
Hi, all-

Since the Lounge seems to get much more traffic than the feeding forum, I thought I'd post a short note here. DW has just posted a question in the feeding forum, and she's *really* frustrated and not sure what to try next. If anyone has any ideas on how to solve this let-down problem, we'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,

-dan

Momof3Labs
03-25-2003, 02:19 PM
Oh, poop, that was your DW? I used your post to respond to her question (the one where you "fixed" her letdown by fixing her pump). I send her my apologies!!

I'll go over and try again...

juliasdad
03-25-2003, 03:19 PM
Oh, poop?!? Sorry, poop no longer affects us... :-)

Yes, we thought that the torn valves would turn out to be the obvious culprits. And yes, replacing them increased suction dramatically. But DW found that it was a problem of letdown now.

Just last night, I suggested that she try the pump on minimal suction at first. Got a great letdown. Then, this morning, tried the same thing, and got zero letdown even though she was obviously "full". Weird.

-dan

egoldber
03-25-2003, 03:40 PM
A lot of letdown is psychological. If she's tense because she's having trouble, that could be most of the problem. Maybe not pumping for a few days and then going back to it will help?