PDA

View Full Version : DH has a job!!

kathsmom
03-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Hi, everyone!

I posted back in February that DH had resigned from a nightmare job after working for them for just 2 months. Well, he worked his behind off and made a TON of contacts. In the end, he had 4 job offers and accepted one of them. He started yesterday. We are so grateful to all of you for your help, support, and concern.

He is still in the same industry - industrial sales - but now he is working for a distributor, instead of a manufacturer. We wanted him to get back with a manufacturer, because they are salaried positions, but unfortunately, none were hiring. He had contacted his last employer, the one he left to go to the yucky job(he left on excellent terms), but they were having a workforce reduction and could not take him back.

We have taken the advice on several things that people mentioned for cost-cutting. We are still going to implement them, because DH gets a salary with commission. We have learned that we need to have more money in our savings through this experience! I really wish that we had 6 months living expenses, so DH could have taken his time and waited to make sure he got the job he really wanted. We are grateful he has this job and DH says that his new supervisor is really great and he is looking forward to getting started and putting our unfortunate episode behind us. The best part is that we don't have to move!!

Thanks again, everyone! I am going to try to do better with posting/etc., but we have been very busy (plus DH hogged my computer for his job search!!LOL)

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

jojo2324
03-25-2003, 01:22 PM
Oh Toni, I am so happy for you and your family!! I have been thinking about you a lot, and wondering how things were going. I am so glad that everything has worked out for the best. And great news that you don't have to relocate! Congrats!! Now, back to hogging the computer yourself! :D

mamahill
03-25-2003, 03:32 PM
Congratulations! Fabulous news! Here's to an excellent future for you, your husband, and your family!

egoldber
03-25-2003, 03:38 PM
Congrats! That's wonderful he was able to find a job so quickly!!!

nigele
03-25-2003, 03:58 PM
Yippee! What a relief for you and your family. Please send him my congratulations!

Annette_C
03-25-2003, 04:45 PM
Wonderful news, Toni!!!
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAAAAPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY for you!!!!
Please give your DH my congratulations and good luck with this new job. To you goes my admiration for being so strong and for making the best of a bad situation.
You're a good person, good mother and good wife! Your family is lucky to have you. :)
Keep us posted,
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

atlbaby
03-25-2003, 05:30 PM
What fabulous news!! I'm so happy for you guys! That's so wonderful that your DH was able to find a job so quickly. Best of luck to him and your entire family!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

mama2be
03-25-2003, 06:38 PM
I've been thinking about you!!!
I was selfishly hoping htat you'd still land in Raleigh but thrilled for you guys in that you get to stay where you are.

Great news...I am so happy for you!!!

blnony
03-25-2003, 06:42 PM
Toni -
That is great news. I'm glad its all worked out.

MartiesMom2B
03-25-2003, 10:49 PM
Toni:

Good for you and DH. I can understand how it feels when DH hates his job. It makes things hard. I'll send my prayers over your way that DH's job is a good one.

Also one of my favorite sites about cutting costs and savings is www.cheapskatemonthly.com. She gives pretty good advice there.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

COElizabeth
03-25-2003, 11:13 PM
Toni,

Congratulations! I hope that he is happy in his new position.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

parkersmama
03-26-2003, 12:11 AM
That's wonderful news! I'm very happy for you and your dh! In these economic times, jobs are so hard to come by. I'm in manufacturing as well and we've laid off practically our entire workforce in the last 2 years. I've been on the verge of losing my job for years now but somehow we keep hanging on by a thread. I'm really glad that you'll get a chance to get back on your feet and I hope your dh will be very happy in his new job!

kathsmom
03-26-2003, 11:30 PM
Thank you everyone for wishing us the best. Steve is actually getting excited about the job. I guess we are still kind of reeling from the last few months. We're just glad that there is some stability in our life especially for DD. She loves her school and her friends. Living here is all she's ever known (we moved here when she was 3 months old).

Thanks again for all your support!

Toni

Shirale
03-27-2003, 10:13 AM
Chiming in here late but I just wanted to say congrats Toni, and I am so happy for you and your husband! :-) Yay!!!