PDA

View Full Version : BIG NEWS!!!!

jojo2324
03-25-2003, 07:33 PM
Today started out like any other day...Gannon was up nice and pretty at 5am and I was shooting him evil mommy looks. Bless him, DH got up and took on baby duty this morning. I had planned on making a trip to BJs with the little one. Despite my best intentions to get out of the house by noon, we did not actually leave until 2:30 (helped along greatly by a certain non-nap taker).

So after being away all afternoon, we finally get home. For some reason my back is KILLING me right now. I think maybe it has to do with driving for so long (I am normally in the passenger seat because DH and I usually run errands together). Also, throw in a 22-lb baby that I haul around all day long and, yeah, my back deserves to hurt a little bit.

Because my back is hurting, I am having to do the whole lunge/squat thing to pick up Gannon's spoons and Cheerios on the floor. OUCH! I feel like a 70-yr old woman! So, DH takes this all in and says to me, "Joanne, I heard something today." Yeah, so, can you pick up the damn spoons?!?! Then our roomie chimes in: "Yeah, me too!!" So he and DH confer, and our roomie announces that he has heard I am making meatloaf. (Trust me, it IS that big of a deal. :))

Then DH says that he spoke to his father, who happens to work with the aunt of one of DH's ex-girlfriends, who heard from HER mother...That I was pregnant!! I just started laughing. And he's staring at me, with really serious eyes, "Are you? Joanne, ARE you?" (Meanwhile, Gannon is screaming his lungs out because it had just taken the strength of two adults to give him some Baby Tylenol...Uh, no way!) So I retort, "Sweetie pie, don't you think I'd tell you before your ex-girlfriend's mother? Do you have NO faith in me?" And he starts stammering, "Yeah, well, you still haven't gotten your monthly visitor yet {he has been asking me daily when that is happening} and what with all this weird squatting??"

He just went to the store and I wouldn't be surprised if he came home with a pregnancy test. I am NOT pregnant! I am so glad to know that others have heard the news and are spreading it around our (small!) town. :D

mharling
03-25-2003, 07:42 PM
Joanne -
Your posts have always made me laugh and this one is right at the top! Congrats on not being pregnant!! :7

Mary
EDD 4/5/03

atlbaby
03-25-2003, 08:01 PM
That is TOO funny! I wonder if you will get any "congratulations!" cards in the mail?

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

mamahill
03-25-2003, 08:27 PM
OMG - that's hilarious. I'll send Shawn a "Congratulations" card! So sad that he thinks he would have to hear about it from someone else...

SASM
03-25-2003, 09:43 PM
OMG...Joanne, that is hysterical!!! Thank you for the laugh!! I have such a HUGE headache (Ian's 1st vaccinations today) but that was so worth it...sorry :-)

nigele
03-26-2003, 10:49 AM
Congratulations - you do NOT have to deal with a nine month old AND morning sickness! Hee, hee!

newbelly2002
03-26-2003, 11:13 AM
Talk about the 'last to know'...

Goodness gracious, men really can be clueless sometimes. Like you wouldn't tell him. I'd be curious to find out where that started. Maybe Gannon's telling stories on the sly, to your ex-boyfriend's mother, of course.

Thanks for the giggle. It's almost as good as the "peaches."

Paula

parkersmama
03-26-2003, 11:20 AM
Forget dh! What's the deal with not sharing with US first?!? LOL!!! ;-)

Congrats on your UN-pregnancy!