PDA

View Full Version : Totally OT and slightly disgusting question: Cesspools

cara1
03-31-2003, 01:14 PM
We're about to buy a house, and just found out that it has a cesspool instead of a sewer system. I feel like I can almost ask you guys anything, so here is my gross question...Can you flush tampons if you have a cesspool?

flagger
03-31-2003, 01:37 PM
We had a septic system in MA and Ms. Flagger never flushed hers. Just wrapped them in TP and had a special trashcan for when Aunt Flow was in town.

HTH

kransden
03-31-2003, 05:05 PM
Nope,
Having grown up with one, it's a bad idea. Toilet paper breaks down, tampons don't. It is a whole lot cheaper to use a trash can than get your septic tank pumped out. I paid about $180.00 in 1997.(Not due to tampons):)

Karin
Karin

todzwife
03-31-2003, 05:11 PM
I agree. My in-laws have one, and I always wrapped them up because I was afraid I would clog the cesspool and they would KNOW it was me. (She no longer has visits from Aunt FLo). FWIW, my dad had to have a plumber come fix the drains in his office that go from the toilet to the sewer because of tampons. ( all his patients used that restroom)The plumber called them "white rats" and said that it isn't even a good idea to flush them into a sewer.
Shandelle :)