PDA

View Full Version : OT- CIRQUE DU SOLEIL

mama2be
04-03-2003, 11:28 AM
If any of you all ever get a chance to go and see Cirque du Soleil I just highly recommend it. they have a non trveling show in Walt Disney Land (the one in Florida World/Land???) and one in Vagas. But for the most part it is a traveling group from Canada and they are tres interrnational in the presence and it is filled with acrobatics that are unbeleivable and set to a "play" of sorts and has a full orchestra backing them up...actually it can't be described!!!

We went last night and it was incredible. They have about 8 differnt ones (plays), I had seen 'Quidam' up in DC and this one is 'Dralion'...it is jaw dropping. And the CDs are awesome too...

MartiesMom2B
04-03-2003, 11:33 AM
Neve:

I'm so jelous that you got to go see the show. I want to see it! Was going to see if I could get tickets when I went to Las Vegas, but couldn't afford the $100 tickets!

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

newbelly2002
04-03-2003, 04:55 PM
It's pretty amazing stuff. I've seen the Quidam, adn still find myself thinking about some of the acts.

I'd also recommend, if anyone can catch it, "Del La Guardia" (or something like that). It's more interactive than Cirque, less of a story more of performance art. Sort of a cross between Blue Man Group, Stomp, and Cirque. It involves a lot of high acrobatics and music.

We went to see it at Christmas. And I got snagged from the audience, dragged to the center, and harnessed to a "cha-cha-chaing" Argentinian man who hauled me up to the ceiling where we ran arial circles. I was in heaven--both literally and figuratively! But then again, Steve and I received sky diving lessons from my best friend for a wedding gift, so I'm a bit of an adventure-fiend.

The best part was, when I came down to earth and was tossed back into the crowd, I turned around and realized that the man I had been strung to was--minus the harness--buck naked!

Paula
Mama to Dante 8/1/02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33a3c3de467

Rachels
04-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Neve, is it in Chapel Hill? Do you know how long it's there? I've seen the videos and it's fantastic. My mom is in that area often and I think she''d love to go.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

ddmarsh
04-03-2003, 05:48 PM
We went to see Quidam last year in Pittsburgh and loved it so much we took our oldest two sons to see it when it was in Cleveland. I was also used as someone from the audience but was completely *mortified* - I could have just died, LOL. On the positive side it gave my children a huge laugh hearing about it afterward (it happened when we saw it the first time without them). I can still feel how red my face felt. I do love them though, I am dying to see all of the other shows.

Debbie

etwahl
04-03-2003, 05:51 PM
We saw Mystere in Vegas - simply amazing. Really the best show we've ever seen. they also "used" me before the show - stuck a bucket of popcorn on my head (no popcorn in it). The "before show" show was really hilarious and kept you entertained.

If you are going to Vegas and planning to see this or "O", my biggest advice is plan ahead (way ahead) and order your tickets online. They sell out quickly. We ordered ours months in advance and had great seats.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

anna lisa
04-03-2003, 06:27 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cirque du Soleil!!

We've seen both Mystere and O in Las Vegas. I liked O better, the water parts were amazing! I've also seen La Nubo (sp?) twice in Walt Disney World. That one's my favorite!

Yes, they are pricey and hard to get tickets, but it's really something amazing to see. It's so not an ordinary circus/show.

MartiesMom2B
04-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Paula:

That's the Brazillian show right? I saw that in Vegas at the Rio. That was awesome. Had a great time. I didn't get snatched up but I had fun dancing with the performers. I too recommend this show. It was very interactive, however you do have to stand the whole time.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

MartiesMom2B
04-03-2003, 06:45 PM
Rachel:

It's playing in North Raleigh at Triangle Town Center.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

gravymommy3
04-03-2003, 08:34 PM
I absolutely splurged and got tickets for the new Cirque touring show, Varakei. Between the tickets and a sitter for three kids, UGGGGGHHH! But I am sure it will be well worth it. I will post a review after next Thursday! I have seen Mystere twice in Vegas, Quidam here in Atlanta, and La Nouba (Sp?) in Orlando - can you tell I like Cirque?

mama2be
04-03-2003, 09:39 PM
They extended one week and I think this is the last week...but if you go ont eir web site www.cirquedusoleil.com it list all of the shows and where you can catch them. It's under a "big top" in theparking lot of a mall off of Capital Blvd in Raleigh. In Virginia it was the same under the big top in Tysons Corner. She'd love it I swear!!! It is great!!! It's been here since March 13th I think...

mama2be
04-03-2003, 09:40 PM
OH wow!!! Do you like the music as much as I do??? I love their CDs!!!

gravymommy3
04-04-2003, 06:54 PM
Absolutely!

I can't find my Mystere CD right now (I have three helpers, if you know what I mean!) but I can still here the drum sequence in my head (and it was back in 97 when I say it in Vegas) I love it. Did you get a chance to see the series on Bravo! about Varakei? It was awesome!