PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed with The Wiggles

cara1
04-03-2003, 11:59 AM
I just had to share this...DS definitely enjoys his Wiggles video. Whatever he's doing, he just walks over to the TV and stops everything and stares when DH puts it on. But lately I'm hearing DH really get into all the songs. When I peeked the other day, I saw DH bouncing up and down, kicking his legs in the air with the music. Last night, though, we hit a new level. The songs had been in both of our heads all day. So long after DS was in bed, DH put the video on while we cleaned up the kitchen just so we could watch and sing along. We both ended up on the couch watching the Wiggles without DS! What's next?

trumansmom
04-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Next is when you can't ride in the car without a Wiggles CD playing!! Or when you find yourself having heated discussions with another mom about which Wiggle is the best! (It's Anthony, of course.)

Truman's an addict as well. We've found that the only sure fire cure for a full blown tantrum (and it can be about anything) is to say, "Want to watch the Wiggles?" Then he's all smiles. Yikes!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

twins r fun
04-03-2003, 02:10 PM
The Wiggles comes on Disney right after I put the boys down for a nap. I've been known on many occasions to sit on the couch, eating my lunch and watching the Wiggles. Mind you the channel changer is sitting right next to me and there are plenty of other things I could watch. So you're not alone!

Nicole

Rachels
04-03-2003, 03:27 PM
I've never seen the Wiggles! Abigail LOVES music, though, and she does a great Reggae head-bob dance move. Last night we were nursing when a song came on that she liked, and she started doing her little head dance without letting go of my breast first. It was a little-- um-- stretchy, but it cracked me up! So maybe she'd like the Wiggles? She's 10 months old. What do you think?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

twins r fun
04-03-2003, 03:36 PM
IMO, she'd love them. Jacob and Caleb have been big fans since 4 months, but have only recently started dancing along. Just check the archives for a Wiggles thread where we talked about which videos are better than others before you buy. There are some major differences in quality and type (story vs. song oriented). Also if you get Disney, they come on there twice/day.

Nicole

trumansmom
04-03-2003, 03:48 PM
I bet she would. Truman's first exposure to the Wiggles was at 9 months in a hotel room. He just stopped what he was doing, turned around and started dancing! They're really great.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

trumansmom
04-03-2003, 03:50 PM
I just realized how that sounded - no, he wasn't walking at 9 months! He was pulling up on the side of a crib in a hotel room while I was trying to get a shower! And by dancing, I mean bouncing up and down.

He's advanced, but not THAT advanced!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

egoldber
04-03-2003, 04:48 PM
Sarah started watching them at about 12 months. She is fond of many shows like Barney, Bear in the Big Blue House, Teletubbies (as long as that weird vacuum cleaner guy isn't running around, he REALLY freaks her out), Elmo, etc. But there is NOTHING like The Wiggles!

What cracks me up is when she does the "cock a doodle doodle doo" hand motion. And now that she is walking, she is starting to dance to the Wiggles. It is SOOOO cute.

I like them, because they are definitely not a "passive" show. She is very active when she watches it.

(And I agree that Anthony is the best Wiggle...)

atlbaby
04-03-2003, 08:05 PM
We just became a Wiggles family (Anthony here!!) when Arielle was about 15 months old. She stopped dead in her tracks the first time I put it on, and stood *motionless* the entire time. I only have Wiggle Time so far, and the Yummy Yummy cd--any suggestions to enhance our collection?

She was a little scared of the Big Hungry Bear song for a while (she's a scardy cat about some things), but now she loves the whole tape! Just recently she's begun to point at the bouncing ball when the song changes and say "bah, bah"--You have to say the word or she'll keep this up forever! :) Same thing with the live duck song performance! I can't wait for her to start dancing and really getting into it--because DH and I love the songs!

And this is too funny--DH plays basketball with a group of guys one night a week (all dads) and he came home last time and said that they all had a long discussion about who was a "Wiggles family"!!! That I'd love to have heard!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

Jeanmick
04-03-2003, 09:54 PM
We've been "Wiggled" for over a year now, so we've defintely got the catchy songs permanently imbedded in our brain! We've attributed our 2-year old daughter's love of music and dance in large part to these four guys! By the way, there's a new TV program that my daughter loves now. It's called "Hi-5" and it's a perky singing group (three females and two males) that integrates music into their show, which teaches preschool-like concepts (i.e., patterns, shapes, movement, numbers, stories). It's on TLC weekday mornings from 7:35 AM to 7:55 AM (we're on the West Coast, but I think it shows at the same time everywhere else). The show is the US version of the popular Australian group/show. It seems that those guys "down under" may know a thing or two about entertaining young ones!