PDA

View Full Version : Mail Lady just dropped off a box from Amazon with the latest edition of the book

malie
04-03-2003, 03:29 PM
I had a gift certificate to use up and since we have at least 6 months till our baby comes home (we are adopting international) even though I've read the last edition cover to cover, I decided to get the new one. Now of course my DH would say if I would just stop buying things I might actually save some money

Rachels
04-03-2003, 04:53 PM
Tell all! What's it like?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Kimberly H
04-03-2003, 07:27 PM
aarrrggghhh! I ordered the combo pack from the Fields' and thought I'd get it earlier than the bookstores since ours were to ship first. Guess what....ours won't ship 'til MONDAY!

On another note, tell me more about your adoption. Our dossier is in China :)

parkersmama
04-03-2003, 07:31 PM
My oldest child is 5 1/2 and I bought the original version of Baby Bargains back then. I am loathe to confess it but I think I've owned every version since!! LOL! I'm so tempted to buy the new one but so far I've resisted! :-) Can't wait to hear how you like it!

malie
04-04-2003, 12:19 AM
Kimberly,
we are adopting a little boy from S.Korea (not sure if you know anything about adoptions from S.Korea but unlike other countries you are limited in choicing placement agencies based on where you live). Right when we signed with our agency (last Feb) they were predicting a seven to nine month wait for referral after homestudy was approved. Because of the other countries that have closed (mainly Vietnam and Cambodia) a number of the S.Korea programs have had a big influx in applications. By the time our homestudy was finished they were predicting about a year until referral. At this point that seems unlikely because that would mean next month and there are still quite a few people ahead of us. We are hoping for a referral by July with a home coming by Oct. Sooner of course would be nice. Still they are predicting for those who enter the program now it could be a 2 year wait and we won't be anywhere close to that mark.

Still you know how it goes, the waiting for a referral is something you have no control over so it's better to stay focus on other things in life. Right now I repainting the inside of the house and trying NOT to buy things or should I say trying not to buy anything else

And I was actually surprised I got the book already. It shipped on April 1 (makes me think that Amazon had them and was waiting for April to ship them