PDA

View Full Version : Evan called me...

etwahl
04-07-2003, 12:23 PM
One of the journalists he's with let him call me this morning. What a treat. We talked for 8 minutes. I of course just wanted to know when he'd be home, which he of course didn't know, but said hopefully just weeks after the war is over. He's trying to work a deal where he can fly home rather than come home on the ship. I just hope, hope, hope everything works out and he comes home at least sometime in May. It could be much worse than that, but I like to think positively.

It was just so great to hear from him though.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

momathome
04-07-2003, 12:39 PM
Tammy-
That's so great that Evan got to call you - you must have been so excited and happy to hear from him! I will cross my fingers for you and everyone else who is waiting for their loved ones to come home that the war ends quickly - Evan needs to meet his beautiful little girl! Take care.
-Lauren

trumansmom
04-07-2003, 12:48 PM
I'm so glad you got a chance to talk to him! I don't often post to most messages of a "personal" nature, (like all the other posts about our children are impersonal? You know what I mean.) but I have thought about you often and keep you and your family in my prayers.

Let's hope he, and all of our brave troops, journalists, etc., come home soon.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

celfsh
04-07-2003, 12:59 PM
That must have just made your day, Tammy! As always, you and all our military families are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope Evan comes home safely to you soon!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

nigele
04-07-2003, 01:00 PM
How wonderful!!!! Every time I see a reporter calling a wife of a soldier, I think about you and how they should do that for you - I am so excited for you both.

I hope he comes home in May - I am crossing my fingers!

nathansmom
04-07-2003, 01:10 PM
I'm glad you got to talk to him. Best wishes for his speedy and safe return.

nitaghei
04-07-2003, 01:12 PM
That's wonderful! Hope he's home soon so you can both enjoy your new baby!

Nita

atlbaby
04-07-2003, 01:53 PM
Tammy, that's wonderful that you got to speak to Evan!!! I've been thinking about you, and hope Evan can come home soon so he can be with you and meet little Lauren! Keep thinking positively!:)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

Shirale
04-07-2003, 01:59 PM
I am so happy to hear that you spoke to Evan and hope and pray that this war ends quickly and that he can get home asap to his two beautiful girls!

KathyO
04-07-2003, 02:10 PM
>I just hope, hope, hope everything works out and he comes home at least sometime in May.

As my mother says, "From your mouth to God's ears!" I'm crossing fingers and toes and everything else I can think of on your behalf. Blessings on that journalist for giving you a chance to connect. Keep us posted (I know you will!)

KathyO

Rachels
04-07-2003, 02:50 PM
WOW, how exciting! I'm so glad you got to talk to him. It must have been a relief to hear his voice. I find I'm holding my breath thinking about his whereabouts every time I turn on the news. I hope this is all over soon and he's home with you quickly and safely!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mama2be
04-07-2003, 03:43 PM
Awesome!!! That was so great that the reporter has emailed you and let him place the call!!! Yeah reporters!!!

Did you find out if the reporter has an online journal??? I know it is Tim Bruton (NBC) and from the search I did last night I think he is a national reporter and not from a city station... I told Steve from now on only NBC so we can follow Evan's group!!!

sweetbasil
04-07-2003, 04:01 PM
That is so great, Tammy. I can't even imagine how you felt when you picked up the ringing phone and heard Evan on the other end. You three continue to be in my prayers, and I just can't wait to hear that he's back home safe (and SOON) with his girls!

jubilee
04-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Wow! How exciting that must have been! Maybe you've mentioned this before, but I was wondering: what unit is Evan with? Just in case I see him on TV...

mamahill
04-07-2003, 04:43 PM
Wonderful Tammy! Your family, and the other military families, are in our prayers.

Neve - what is this about the NBC reporter? Is this guy with Evan's group? Does he report on the National NBC news? Sorry for all the questions -- every time I see a reporter and there are soldiers in the background, I think, "Is that Evan?"

etwahl
04-07-2003, 05:29 PM
I'll email you separately. I don't really like putting stuff like that online. Maybe I'm being paranoid?!

You can watch MSNBC though. He said that's who's travelling with them.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

memedee
04-07-2003, 06:51 PM
My thoughts are with you and all the other brave soldiers and their families and my fervent wishes for everybody to come home safe.
I hope this separation goes by quickly for you and that you are comforted by all the good thoughts coming your way for you,your family and all our troops

SASM
04-07-2003, 07:14 PM
Oh...I am sooo happy for you :-) Bet that made your day...week...month TENFOLD!!!

candybomiller
04-07-2003, 07:58 PM
How fantastic! I just wanted to add my wishes for a quick end to the war and a safe return home for Evan and all the troops, reporters, etc.

Candy
Mommy to Matthew Nicholas, 5/22/02

Annette_C
04-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Tammy,
How wonderful that you got to talk to Evan!!!
Like others have said, everytime the news comes on, I think of you and Evan. I always watch NBC and, sometimes, they interview one of the marines from the group they travel with...I keep hoping to see Evan.
My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you all,
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

divabell
04-08-2003, 08:27 AM
Tammy, that's fantastic. It must have been such a relief for you. I'll be praying that he's home very, very soon!!

--Lori R.
EDD 12/2/03

parkersmama
04-09-2003, 03:48 PM
Oh what wonderful news!!! I'm sure you're walking on cloud 9 after talking to him! I'm glad that he may not have to stay long after things are over and it's looking up in the last few days that the end isn't too far away. You're both in my prayers.

Melanie
04-11-2003, 02:06 AM
How wonderful! Thanks for sharing! I think of your family often.

Mommy to Jonah

spu
04-12-2003, 09:52 PM
Tammy, what a wonderful 8 minutes it must have been for you. I hope he comes home soon to see you and Lauren.

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

jojo2324
04-12-2003, 11:38 PM
Tammy, I am sorry I am so late replying to this, but just wanted to let you know how thrilled I am that you got to hear from your honey! He must have been beside himself with joy.

I am thinking of you all always, praying for Evan's speedy return home to his girls.

sntm
04-13-2003, 06:29 AM
tammy, i'm so glad he's doing okay! i'm hoping now that things will get a little better for the US troops now that the urgency is gone. My FIL is still so grateful to a Salvation Army volunteer who let him borrow their phone to call home during Vietnam. That little bit of contact makes such a difference.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

loewymartin
04-14-2003, 11:11 AM
Yippee!! Every time I see a journalist interviewing one of our service men and women over there I think of you and Evan. I'm constantly hoping that I'll see Evan's name at the bottom of the screen! I'm glad you were able to talk with him...I'm sure he's anxious to come home to his girls. I'll be hoping that he comes home soon.

Michelle - Mom to Alia Jailin born 5/16/02