PDA

View Full Version : Live bunnies at JC Penney Portrait Studio

nigele
04-07-2003, 01:16 PM
We just had Tom's portraits taken at JC Penney with a live bunny! It was so cute except that Thomas was not in a smiley mood. DH and I did everything possible to make the kid laugh but he just sat there and stared at us. I was worried that he would be grabbing the bunny or trying to crawl off the table, but that was not the problem. We did manage to get a small smile from him at the end and it turned out really cute. Can't wait to get the portraits back!! (This will be his first portrait wearing his glasses!)

twins r fun
04-07-2003, 01:25 PM
Wow, that's wild! Though, I have to pity the poor bunny because I'm sure not all kids would be as calm as Tommy with it (my two are included in that group). BTW, we got tears at our 9 month picture and at the 13 month X mas picture! We were able to get the tears to stop, but no amount of silly antics would get us a smile. For some reason 12 month pictures were fine!

Nicole

sweetbasil
04-07-2003, 04:04 PM
How sweet...hope you'll be able to share a pic with us on the board when they come in! Do you do their Smiles By Wire to get the digital pics sent to you before the hard copies come in? The quality isn't print-out, but it's good enough to post on a website, etc....

August Mom
04-07-2003, 04:11 PM
I've never heard of that option. How much does it cost?

sweetbasil
04-07-2003, 10:01 PM
I'm thinking it's like $7--- they rarely offer it, I have to ask for it, but an e-mail notification of digital pics being available comes at least a week before the hard copies do....

nigele
04-08-2003, 09:02 AM
They offered it to me for $4.99 but I passed. I usually get our portraits done at Sears and they post them online free. They say it takes 3-4 days to get online but they last time it was up the same day.

August Mom
04-08-2003, 03:28 PM
I didn't know Sears did that either. What is that program called? Can family & friends view them at the Sears website or how does that work?

nigele
04-09-2003, 12:03 PM
When you have your portraits taken, Sears gives you a print-out with little black and while thumbnail portraits and a bunch of info. Among the info. is the website and a portrait session number. You go to the web site, log on and enter the session number. Then you get to see the portraits. The quality online is 100 times better than the screens at the store where you choose your portraits. I no longer choose them in the store since I feel I really can't tell how good/bad they are with their crappy screens! I wait until I get home and have a look online. And yes, you can share them with anybody. It is a great thing! I just wish JCPenney offered it for free as well.

August Mom
04-10-2003, 09:20 PM
I wonder if only certain Sears stores offer that. I've had DS's photo taken at Sears twice and we have never received the printout with thumbnail portraits. I do get a session number, though. I'll have to ask next time. BTW, I agree about the terrible screens. DH asks how the pictures look when we get home and I say "I think they're good." And he wonders why I don't know for sure. I wonder if my store would still let me use my coupon. They were very insistent that I sit down and order the photos in-store to get my coupon price.

nigele
04-11-2003, 12:56 PM
They let me use coupons but they have me choose one photo so they can "hold" the order in their system until I call back. Otherwise, they told me the session would be deleted.

Let me know if you would like to see one of our sessions online, I'll e-mail the link to you.