PDA

View Full Version : Shower Funny

Rachels
04-11-2003, 11:51 AM
The get-together some of us had in Boston this week was definitely the highlight of my week, but this story comes in second! I have been trying to figure out how to shower since Abigail outgrew her FP bouncer. (She could still sit in it until she was 9.5 months old.) We got a pack 'n play, and since then, Abby has either hung out there or in her crib while I take a shower. That was fine at first, but lately she has screamed nonstop the whole time, which I feel terrible about. So in an effort to reduce that, I gated the top of the stairs, closed the bedroom doors, and let her crawl around the hall and bathroom while I showered. Voila! She was happy as a clam. Then a day or two ago, toward the end of my shower, I heard an exhuberant, "YA! MAWA LA LA GNAT!" and looked down to see her little face peeking excitedly around the shower curtain. She had pulled herself up on the side of the tub and was just enthralled to have found me. Her little head was soaked already from the spray, as were her pajamas, but it was so cute. Then a moment later, she said, "UH...OH" (she talks in capital letters a lot). I said uh oh back to her, not sure what had gone wrong, and she grinned and promptly threw my underwear into the shower, scrunched up her nose at me, and crawled away. Is this the same baby who had me glued to the couch for the first few months?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

COElizabeth
04-11-2003, 12:23 PM
How much fun! Pretty soon you may find her actually IN the shower with you. Showering with Daddy is my nephew's favorite way to get clean now. They have some weird ritual of sitting on the little bench in the shower, waiting for the water to warm up, and howling like wolves. I suppose it's a guy thing. :)

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

Rachels
04-11-2003, 12:26 PM
LOL!!! That's a great image!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

nigele
04-11-2003, 12:48 PM
How very sweet!

sweetbasil
04-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Gotta love those pre-emptive "UH-OHs!" What a cutie....

mamahill
04-11-2003, 02:55 PM
LOL to both Rachel's and Elizabeth's stories. These little people are so funny!

mama2be
04-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Thanks for sharing...I can't wait for such moments with little T...

MartiesMom2B
04-11-2003, 05:03 PM
LOL. What a great story

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

celfsh
04-11-2003, 06:43 PM
LOL--too cute! It's moments like this that make motherhood fun...despite the sopping wet underwear :). Thanks for sharing.

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

parkersmama
04-11-2003, 09:39 PM
Too funny! Sounds like she's a real cutup!

The son of one of my close friends was a "shower-howler" and wouldn't let her take a shower. One day she finally just stripped him down and put him in the shallow end of the tub while she showered and he was happy as a little clam. From then on, he bathed when she showered until he was 2 years old or so! Not a bad solution if you ask me!

spu
04-12-2003, 08:57 PM
Reading this is the highlight of my day today! LOL!

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

jojo2324
04-12-2003, 11:41 PM
My word, your little girl is quite mischievous, eh? What a riot!!! :D