PDA

View Full Version : Posts with many replies - View All

momtoemma
04-14-2003, 08:30 AM
Does anyone know if there is a way to bring up older posts and be able to see all the replies at once? This weekend, I did a search for a specific post and found it that way, but it had many replies making it one of those posts that has "view all" by it. On the search page, I can't find a way to bring up the entire thread.

Thanks,
Stephanie

celfsh
04-14-2003, 09:04 AM
I was actually wondering the same thing!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

Sandy
04-14-2003, 09:16 AM
Did you try clicking the view all instead of the subject? If you click on the view all it will open the posts with all the replies.

HTH
Sandy
mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

Kate888
04-14-2003, 10:30 AM
I've been wondering the same thing. For older threads, there is no "view all" option available...

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

allange
04-14-2003, 10:38 AM
You can try clicking on the "printer-friendly version" for older threads. The text will be black but will allow you to view all posts at once.

Angela

mamahill
04-14-2003, 04:35 PM
Ok, this is going to be kind of complicated, but this is what I've figured out, and it works for me. I was doing a search for back when Ainsleigh was weaning herself, and when it comes up, at the top of the page (after clicking on the topic), you can see Conferences -> Baby Bargains Book -> The Baby Bargains Lounge -> Topic #663 (or whatever the topic number is). Then I click on "Lounge" and pick any old topic that doesn't have the "view all" option. In the URL secion, see how the end of the URL is a number.html? Say it's 1193, then just highlight the 1193 and stick in 663, or whatever topic number you want.

If it's in a different forum, then choose that forum and a topic within that before substituting the topic number. Does that make sense? That way you can still see the structure of replies/posts, that I think is lost in the printer-friendly versiou.

I hope that made sense. If not, I can try explaining myself again... ;)

egoldber
04-14-2003, 06:10 PM
This is what I do too. :)