PDA

View Full Version : Found Baby Boy

himom
04-14-2003, 08:27 PM
We all talked about Laci Peterson earlier, and I guess this might be a connection. It's heartbreaking and horrible. I have an overwhelming urge to go wake my son up from his nap and cuddle him. I'm so thankful for my baby!

Another news release I read indicated the baby still had his umbilical cord attached. I can’t grasp how evil you have to be to do this to a mommy and baby.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/04/14/remains.found/index.html

Jodi
Mommy to Joshua Keoni, 2/8/03

sweetbasil
04-14-2003, 08:58 PM
Jodi,
Thanks for that link. I was just asking my DH this weekend if he'd heard any updates. I can't imagine what her family must be feeling right now, regardless of whether this proves to be Laci and Connor's bodies....

mama2be
04-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Thanks for sharing I think about her so much...
What an awful awful thing...I swear when he said "she knew of my afair and was OK with it" I knew then she was dead...for I doubt very well she would have been OK with it and by him saying that we knew shed never be alive to speak the truth. I just knew it.

UGHHH...awful...what a shame he was a good looking man and she was a very radiant looking women...that husband give me the creps!!!

Rachels
04-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Ugh, this just makes me nauseous. I'm hugging my babe a little tighter today and thanking my lucky stars for my good fortune in my choice of husband.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

MartiesMom2B
04-15-2003, 06:50 PM
Did they find out whether or not it was Laci and Connor's bodies?

I watched the news and tried to see what they had to say but all the stupid local news could report was about how some guy from Kansas is taking the headcoach position at UNC.

What a scary world we live in

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

brubeck
04-15-2003, 07:06 PM
They have finished the initial autopsy and have not been able to conclude for sure that it was either of them, however they are going to get DNA samples from the husband and try to determine it that way. They were also unable to conclude the cause of death due to the decomposition of the bodies (they were floating in salt water for a long time).

Turns out the the husband owns property on a small island not too far from where the bodies washed up on the coast.

The one thing that really starts making me think that it is her is that there are no other pregnant women who have been reported missing in this part of California. I just hope they make him pay.

mama2be
04-15-2003, 09:32 PM
I think there is no doubt that it is her...they just need to officially prove it...

Melanie
04-16-2003, 10:42 AM
It's so sad. It has to be her. And that means that whomever did it, kept her alive for months until the baby was born! I am none tii comfortable with the fact that the husband is 'hiding' out down here, too.

Poor poor woman. I also cuddle my baby closer when I hear stuff like that. I'm so Blessed.

brubeck
04-16-2003, 12:56 PM
Actually I think she was killed back in December. They said that most of the flesh had decomposed and they had mostly skeletal remains.

I am just guessing here, but if most of the body decomposes, couldn't the fetus float out separately (and hence be found separately)?

In any case, you're right, it's a good time to thank God that I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful babies who are alive and healthy.

mama2be
04-16-2003, 01:41 PM
Yeah I suspect the same thing she was killed back in Dec is what I would thing. It is probably hard to determine "a true full term baby" form what has happened. Also stress from her doing this to her could have put her in labor to I wondered...

anyway I can't think about it so I'll end this here...

JulieL
04-16-2003, 02:12 PM
I heard on the Today Show in an interview that the baby definately could have seperated while floating in the water for such a long time, although they don't know if that is the case here. It's just aweful. It just makes me feel so much for her family.

brubeck
04-16-2003, 05:59 PM
You can tell I live in the San Francisco Bay Area because I am getting the latest news all the time on TV!

Okay the latest information is that a large black tarp has now washed up on the same stretch of beach. Also, remember I said that the husband owned property on an island not far away from there? Well it turns out on his computer he had downloaded information about the tides in that area.

jojo2324
04-16-2003, 06:37 PM
Just reading this makes me so ANGRY!! And obviously upset! I want to know what kind of person could do this...That something was deemed so important that it required killing a mother and her child. It boggles me. The other day when the news came out that two bodies had been found I was in such a rut...You always hold out hope. And I doubt that the bodies aren't theirs.

It certainly doesn't look good for the husband...Regardless, whoever it is needs to be punished accordingly.

It is so hard to fathom, how a person could do this and then go on with his life like nothing had happened.

brubeck
04-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Oh he didn't go on like NOTHING had happened. He sold her car to buy himself a truck and tried to sell their house too.

Okay, I admit it, I'm a guilty-until-proven-innocent in this case. Of course men who cheat on their wives REALLY make me mad so I think I mentally convicted him ages ago.

MartiesMom2B
04-17-2003, 10:58 AM
I'm glad that you are getting the latest news. They haven't reported anything new on the Today show or on local news. I don't know why I feel so compelled to watch what's going on with this, but the whole issue makes me mad. I'm sure that Scott killed his wife. If he didn't he certainly hasn't done anything to try proove that he didn't, and the tide info on his computer. He's disgusting. Just the fact that he cheated on his pregnant wife in the first place. I'm so thankful that I have a wonderful husband.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

flagger
04-17-2003, 12:30 PM
I am going to jump in here and say that I am one of the innocent until proven guilty types. I have witnessed first hand how the media can distort, twist and embellish the facts. Nothing this man could do could convince someone of his innocence once the media has exposed every detail of his life for the LiveWitness News at Six. Considering CNN's admission that it witheld information for the past 12 years on the goings on in Iraq, I can never believe a word spoken or written by ANYONE in that orginization.

He went fishing which can easily explain why he had tide information on his computer. Secondly, there have been several stories of crimelab foul-ups in both large and small cities, from Houston to Oklahoma City. As the prosecutor has now stated that he believes the body to be Laci, you can be almost certain that the evidence can be corrupted to be that of Ms. Peterson.

I know it doesn't look good at this point, but you also have to consider it possible that the baby was abandoned by a young mother and or tossed into the area near the marina. Infants have been found at hospitals and in dumpsters with the umbilical cord still attached.