PDA

View Full Version : Help With Insomnia?

mcmorfit
04-15-2003, 07:40 PM
DD is sleeping for longer periods during the night, however I am still waking up at the old feeding time wired and wide awake.

Any suggestions to readjust my clock to get some more sleep?

mamahill
04-16-2003, 11:45 AM
Oh Ellen, I am so sorry you're going through this. I did, for a little while, and it was horrible. The only thing I can think of is that I drank a large glass of milk before bed. If I woke up (which I would do at the slightest sound - argh), I would begin doing deep breathing, like yoga breathing, and that would sometimes help.

Other than that, I think it just takes a couple days to readjust. But congratulations on Lucy sleeping longer!

flagger
04-16-2003, 11:47 AM
How about simple exercise. A walk around the block maybe. I found when I started a regular exercise routine, I was going to sleep much earlier and sleeping for longer periods of time.

Good luck!

mamahill
04-16-2003, 11:52 AM
Oh geez, I totally forgot about this one! I started walking in the afternoon with Ainsleigh in her stroller. A little exercise definitely helped! Can't believe I forgot that. I knew I was missing something!

mcmorfit
04-18-2003, 06:38 AM
Sarah and Flagger,

I wish I could say I have been sleeping since I posted this - but have been exercising, drinking tea and relaxing and have gained a couple of hours.

Many thanks for the suggestions!