PDA

View Full Version : I want to apologize!

kathsmom
04-16-2003, 12:12 AM
Hi, everyone! I just want to say that I am sorry that I have not been around as much as usual. I feel like I have neglected everyone, especially since you all have been so supportive of me and my family during the situation where DH was out of a job.

It has been really nutty around here lately. DH started his new job and really enjoys it so far. He has jury duty this week and it is a criminal case and he was one of the 13 chosen to be on the jury (12 jurors and 1 alternate). He can't discuss it with me, and that is really hard, because we share everything!

Last week was spring break for DD and it rained from Sunday-Thursday. We were stuck in the house everyday and Andrew had a cold to top it all off. Needless to say, we all had cabin fever!

DS's first tooth popped through and he is trying to learn to crawl. He has no patience for me to be on the computer anymore! He has bad sleep patterns as well (he is a night owl like his mom, but he gets to sleep while we take DD to school, and mommy doesn't!!)

I have been checking the boards, but have not had time to post. It would take me forever to post individually, so I will try to cover things here. If I leave anything out, I am sorry.

I just want to say welcome to all the new members. You will find a wealth of information from a lot of informed ladies and gentlemen here and I am so glad to be a part of this community.

Special hugs go to all of the new babies and their mommies, daddies, and siblings!

For all of you whose babies have been sick, are being tested, or have had/will be having any surgeries, please know that I am thinking of you and your family even if I haven't posted my reply of support.

For all you mommies and daddies who have been going through a rough time (medically, financially, job-wise). Please know that I have been thinking of you too.

I will try to be better about posting more, but I do check the boards and am thinking of you all. Take care!!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

flagger
04-16-2003, 09:15 AM
Toni,

Don't feel you have to apologise. I have lots of questions now and trying to get all the answers before DD arrives. However once she does, I made a pledge to myself not to spend any computer time unless she was in my hands or Ms. Flagger's hands, the Bjorn, or sleeping. Of course when she is sleeping I am going to try to be sleeping as well.

This time goes by so fast I don't want to miss a second of it by chatting on a computer forum. I care about everyone here, but my priorities are first and foremost my spouse, my DD to be and my dogs. I know the forum will still be here when I have time to post with questions, it isn't goin anywhere. I think everyone understands.

With many of the posts, I don't feel as a man or as a non-parent yet I can answer. And other times so many have said it better than I and me posting would seem to me at least as posting to see my name on the screen.

All my best,

Chuck

nigele
04-16-2003, 10:12 AM
You busy woman! Don't worry about posting, just come back when you can.

Take care!

mamahill
04-16-2003, 11:36 AM
No apologies necessary! Glad your DH is enjoying his new job (and perhaps jury duty), and that the kids are well. We're here for you, whenever you can check in! Have fun:).

kathsmom
04-17-2003, 12:14 AM
Chuck, Lisa, and Sarah,

Thank you for your replies and support. I have just really felt out of the loop lately. Not just here on the boards, but with Katherine's school activities, our church activities, our friends,etc. I guess our life has just been so turned upside down for the last year that we are just now realizing that we can feel settled down again. Basically, we have been in a holding pattern of not knowing when we were going to be moving with DH's old job (the good one) and then when he took the new job (the yucky one), we had to try to put the house on the market and look for a new one while DH travelled and I took care of a newborn. I am just so grateful that we know that we can stay here and we can make definite plans now.

I am hoping to figure out a sleeping/napping schedule for Andrew, so that I can have some time here on the boards and to do some household routines before DD gets out of school for the summer.

Anyway, thanks so much!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)