PDA

View Full Version : OPINIONS needed!

ctsiouts
04-22-2003, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone - I wanted to get a few opinions from you all. I am looking to start a website to sell certain baby items on and want input on a good name.
The following names are under consideration

www.fussybutt.com (fussybutt baby stuff)
www.urbantot.com (slings would be urban tot totes)

My husband and I are both designers and are not very excited about the selection of nicely designed clothing/products/etc. available so we want to make things that are geared more towards design concious parents. So does anyone have any input or suggestions as to the name, logo, or products to sell? I want to sell things I have been making, like home made slings, possibly shoes and hats, clothing, towels and burp cloths. Has anyone here done this before?
Thanks in advance!

Christy

flagger
04-22-2003, 02:03 PM
Fussybutt makes me think of diapers. I like urbantot though. :)

Good luck with your venture.

heidi_timms
04-22-2003, 02:15 PM
Urban tot is way cute. It reminds me of www.poshtots.com. I can't really afford posh tots' stuff, but I like to look to get room decor ideas!

sweetbasil
04-22-2003, 02:45 PM
I like urbantot, too! I've sold personalized burp cloths to local shops, but nothing on the web....

Good luck!

mharling
04-22-2003, 02:47 PM
Here's another vote for urbantot. Good luck with your venture and let us know how it goes!!! Make sure to post your site when you're up and running.

Mary
Mommy to Lane 4/6/03

Sandy
04-22-2003, 04:30 PM
Another vote for urban tot. Way Cute.
Sandy
mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

parkersmama
04-22-2003, 04:33 PM
I definitely like urbantot better! Fussybutt sounds like a cloth diaper site so if that won't be a part of it, I wouldn't go there. Sounds like you've got a really hot idea on your hands!

Jen841
04-22-2003, 04:39 PM
Urbantot.com is my choice!

I love the idea of this.

mama2be
04-22-2003, 04:45 PM
If you sold diapers I love fussybutt...but agree for a rounded selection I'd go with urbantots.

Were you planning both I couldn't tell from your post.

IF you make one of those zolowear asian slings I'd be your first customer :)...I want a diaper bag to match :)...

cara1
04-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Check out http://www.peekaboocottage.com/
They have some really neat stuff and may give you some ideas.

ctsiouts
04-22-2003, 05:10 PM
Well, my husband for some strange reason prefers fussybutt but I like urbantot. He thinks that fussybutt is easier to remember and rolls off the tongue better. What I might do is buy both the domain names and link them together. There would definitely be an urban tot product line, but maybe I'll use both domain names for the site. And I still want to call my slings urban tot totes!
Thank you for that peekaboocottage link, they do have some neat things and definitely give me some new ideas.
I will let everyone know when I get the site up and running. I need to do it quickly, everytime I use my sling in public people ask me where I got it and I have to refer them to New Native since I don't have my site up - the slings are similar.
I might also expand to diapers but I am a disposable mommy right now so I know nothing about making cloth diapers or covers. I have a lot to learn but I figure if I'm a SAHM I can find some time to educate myself!
Thank you thank you thank you everyone!

Melanie
04-24-2003, 03:02 AM
Have you orderd from peekaboocottage? Thanks for posting that! I'm thinking about getting their name bracelets for a Christening Gift and for Ds 1 1/2 b-day.

cara1
04-24-2003, 11:33 AM
I ordered two personalized long-sleeve onesies. They took a loooong time to arrive, but are absolutely precious. They're soft and well-mead, but do run a bit snug, though. You can really be creative with them. For my nephew, I had them write in different color letters "Little Red" and then embroider a carrot. It's adorable.