PDA

View Full Version : Mid Wife says "kagel and situps"!!!!

mama2be
04-23-2003, 09:23 PM
You all might know this but wish I had been educated on this earlier. My birthing center has a new midwife...gosh I loved her so much, she is a retired Air Force mw and she was impressive!!!

She had me lay back and feel my abd wall right above my belly button. she asked if I felt "the hole", it was an obvious feeling of a hole there. She explained that your abd is a "brick wall of muscle" and that pregancy expands it and leaves you with a hole. If you don't work hard at closing the hole via situps of some sort it expands with each child and your uterus actually "herniates" thru there.

Since we hear "kagel, kagel kagel" all of the time I thought I should share this too...

COElizabeth
04-24-2003, 02:36 PM
Oh, Neve! That made me laugh because my abs are anything but a "brick wall of muscle" right now! Sigh. Interesting about the hole, though. I *should* do situps, too, but right now I am recovering from trying to keep my foot cast dry during a trip to the grocery store with a crying baby in the cold rain!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

mama2be
04-24-2003, 04:29 PM
Oh my goodness I'm suprised we are not all sporting casts of some kind!!! I bet I'm just the slightest step away from a broken something or other about a million times a day.

I remembered after writing my post that I had to lay back and do a half sit up for her to feel this hole...but it was there... my body is far from a brick wall too...it feels like one big heavy brick or should I say mass-heavy being the key word there!!!