PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the compliments...

nohomama
04-24-2003, 10:14 PM
I'm sure you'll all think I'm a bit daft but... I was just posting to the "Anyone think you're nuts" post and happened to notice my count (400...do I really spend that much time cruising these boards) which also led me to notice a new star next to my name. When did that happen??? Reading the feedback people have given me made me feel like Sally Fields excepting her Oscar, "You like me. You really like me." A little juvenile I know, but true nonetheless.

Ladies, thank you for your sweet words.

mama2be
04-24-2003, 10:25 PM
it's all true you are awesome...!!!
you know we love you girlie!!!

Rachels
04-25-2003, 08:48 AM
LOL! I feel the same way. I'm honored to have such nice feedback. And Sarah...you're a TREMENDOUS asset here.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

candybomiller
04-25-2003, 07:44 PM
Sarah,

I don't think your daft at all. In fact, I noticed today that I had a star. I ...um... might have jumped up and down yelling a screaming "a star! I finally got a star! Someone noticed me!!" Matt just gave me the "Mommy, you're crazy" look - I get it a LOT, but it totally made my day.

btw, Tammy, I LOVE YOU! You totally made my day. I don't think you'll ever know exactly how much I needed that today.

Candy
Mommy to Matt
5/22/02

egoldber
04-25-2003, 07:58 PM
When you said 400 posts I couldn't believe how FEW that was, since it seems like you're always around! I love your posts. And I know how you feel. As someone who was NEVER popular in school and has never had a lot of friends or had an easy time making friends, everyone's comments in my feedback have made me feel terrific.

My SHAMEFUL secret is that I have never actual GIVEN feedback to anyone's profile, despite of all the wonderful things folks have said to me. :( I will be working on rectifying this over the next few days. Thanks for this post and inspiring me!!

nohomama
04-25-2003, 08:30 PM
Beth,

As soon as I posted my impressive count of 400, I immediatedly thought of what a paltry sum that is in comparison to you and others whose counts are in the 1000s. The reality is though, I feel like I AM always around. I'm just not always posting.

And, I too share your shameful secret. Considering how lifted my spirits were when I noticed my new star, I think I'll have to change my ways and spread the joy.

nohomama
04-25-2003, 08:32 PM
P.S. Thanks for the feedback.:)

mama2be
04-25-2003, 09:08 PM
WITHOUT EXCEPTION!!!If I could poof and rate everyone on these boards in a decent amount of time I could write a paragraph about each one of the guys and gals that I spend my days with here. I swear each personality, each comment, each thread and each post...and even each baby picture makes this community what it is!!! I have watched us all cheer for new babies, cheer for new moms and dads...and cry while others go off to war, have surgery or go thru a family emergency...There is not one person on these boards who has not contributed to my pregnancy days...my mommy days...and even my doggy mommy days in some way!!!

What a community...I am so happy to be a part of it!!!
Annette I know you are tres modest about this BUT it is true you brought this community closer together when you posted "tell us about yourself"...we all made it from there by sharing our bios, and life experiences, but that was a huge turning point...but more Avatar pics went up after that thread and more true friendships developed after that thread. I love sharing my days here with you all!!!

etwahl
04-25-2003, 09:15 PM
Candy, I'm so happy it made your day! You really are a sweetheart.

I actually can't wait until I have more time to post positive reviews of everyone. I feel so, so, so guilty that I haven't been around lately, and only when I need information. I rarely even have time to go back and update what happened or thank everyone for the advice. It really has been hard. I'm hoping it will get easier and I can "give back" what everyone's given to me. It's absolutely overwhelming how incredible everyone here is, and how you all band behind everyone whatever the circumstances. I know you've all been incredibly great and supportive in my circumstances, and even when I probably sounded like a crazy, neurotic mom, you all showed support anyway.

I will try to add more comments whenever I get time. I have nothing but good things to say about all of you :)

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

twins r fun
04-25-2003, 09:23 PM
I've never posted feedback on anyone either and have felt bad about it. Time for me to work on that also! Thanks for pushing it!

Nicole