PDA

View Full Version : Passport photos

emilyf
04-25-2003, 05:29 PM
We are going to London this summer and I am trying to get my act together to get Charlie a passport, the whole thing is a pain, but most of all I could not find anyone to take his picture. I called around every place listed in the phone book for passport photos (target, walmart, local places) and the only one that could accomodate a baby was Sears. Apparently most places use cameras that are preset at a certain distance (like the dmv has) and can't adjust for the small size of a baby. Sears was great, fast and the picture is super cute- Anyway, thought I'd let you all know in case anyone else is taking a trip!
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

brubeck
04-25-2003, 05:49 PM
I'm surprised he needed a passport! Wouldn't he have been okay with a birth certificate since you have a passport?

COElizabeth
04-25-2003, 05:53 PM
Nope, he needs an actual passport. The funny thing is that I think they are good for 5 years, and of course little Charlie won't anything like that in 4.5 years! But then, who is unfortunate enough to resemble her passport photo anyway?

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

egoldber
04-25-2003, 06:19 PM
We had Sarah's taken at AAA when she was 4 months. I just held her/stood her in the right spot while they took her picture. It was pretty painless.

HTH,

nigele
04-25-2003, 07:10 PM
Emily,

Have a great time in London! We went at Christmas and also had to get a passport for Tom and I totally agree that it's a pain. We are going again this summer - when will you be there??

myllam
04-26-2003, 02:13 AM
Hi,

We got our DS a passport just in case we decide to go on an overseas trip (one less thing to worry about when planning :-)) Anyways, we got the photo taken at our local Costco that has a 1 hour photo desk inside. They had no trouble taking an infant's picture because they used a portable camera. Must admit the picture wasn't the best (his eyes were so wide and he was staring and no hint of a smile:-), but since it was only for his passport, it was kind of funny...

Monica

emilyf
04-27-2003, 09:36 AM
We're going to be there mid-July for my sister's wedding. She lives there so we have visited a few times but are very excited for this trip because the last two times we were there were in December, not such a great time of year-
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

nigele
04-28-2003, 08:51 AM
The weather is beautiful in July! Do pack warm-weather clothes. The last time I was there in July it didn't rain for two weeks and it was quite hot. And houses there don't have central A/C so be prepared! I have also been there many times in December and the weather is bad but the store-fronts in London are just gorgeous.

Have a great time!