PDA

View Full Version : Baby hernia update

csa12
04-29-2003, 12:22 PM
Hi everyone!

I want to thank everyone who has kept Liam in their thoughts/prayers. We just got home from the hospital and everything is going well. You were all right about babies being resilient and able to recover quickly from this surgery. Liam is a little groggy, but smiling and cooing. He had a tube inserted down his throat and so is a little horse but otherwise doing much better than I expected. I am so glad that this gut-wrenching experience is over. I don't mean to be dramatic but it was so hard to let the nurse take him away from me for surgery! Also seeing him afterwards was difficult but after I nursed him, he seemed to pick up a little. We'll see how the rest of the day goes, but wanted to let everyone know he is doing ok.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts,
Cheryl :)

COElizabeth
04-29-2003, 12:48 PM
Oh I'm so glad that's behind you and that everything went well. Congratulations, and hugs to Liam!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

twins r fun
04-29-2003, 12:57 PM
Glad all went well and that the experience is over! I wish for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery for Liam. I don't know if you've been able to look at the incisions yet, but I was so surprised at how small Caleb's were-I can't find them now even if I look for them.

Nicole

csa12
04-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Hi Nicole!

Liam is still conked out and I am dreading the next diaper change. I can't really handle stuff like that well ( I have a weak stomach-wimpy I know!), so my DH may have to take over at least for the rest of the day.

Thanks for the well wishes,
Cheryl :)

csa12
04-29-2003, 01:01 PM
Thanks Elizabeth! James is such a cutie! :)

atlbaby
04-29-2003, 01:36 PM
Cheryl,
I'm so glad everything went well, and that you are all home now. I'm sure it was so tough to see the nurse take him away, but you made it! Thanks for letting us know how it went, and please keep us updated on his progress. Hugs to Liam, he's a trooper!!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

celfsh
04-29-2003, 02:13 PM
Cheryl,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear everything went well and that your little guy is recovering--what a trooper! Sending happy thoughts to your family!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

sweetbasil
04-29-2003, 02:28 PM
Thanks so much for the update, Cheryl...you're sweet to take the time to drop us a line so we're informed about how little Liam is doing. Hoping for a restful week for all of you- he sure is a tough little guy :)

mama2be
04-29-2003, 04:40 PM
Liam and his family and friends are in our prayers...please keep us posted often!!!!

mharling
04-29-2003, 04:42 PM
Very glad to hear that Liam is doing OK. Kudos (and hugs!) to both of you!!

Mary
Mommy to Lane 4/6/03

nigele
04-29-2003, 04:51 PM
Cheryl,

I am so glad everything went okay. I know firsthand how hard it is to go through seeing your baby have surgery. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope he has an easy recovery.

jubilee
04-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Liam's in my prayers as are you, best to both of you on his recovery...

Annette_C
04-29-2003, 09:41 PM
Cheryl,
Glad everything went well with Liam's surgery and that he's happily recovering at home.
Thinking of you,
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02