PDA

View Full Version : Just received the BEST news ever...

khakismom
05-06-2003, 04:48 PM
I haven't posted alot of personal information on these boards since I rediscovered them while carrying baby #2, but with the news I've just received, I couldn't hold it an any longer! :) My mom--who was diagnosed with a very rare and aggressive cancer last year--is on her way to being cancer-free! :D This is the best news we could ever get and is something we weren't sure was possible when she got the diagnosis. She's gone thru two nasty surgeries and will have endured an entire year of chemo. I kept praying for more time with her--and it looks like someone was listening :). And the thing that upset me most about all this was not that I wouldn't have more time with my mom, but that my DD--who ADORES her Nana--wouldn't grow up knowing her.

Thank you, thank you for letting me share my joy!

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen EDD 6/12/03

MartiesMom2B
05-06-2003, 05:05 PM
Maureen:

What wonderful news. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

cuca_
05-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Maureen, what great news!! I'm very happy for you and your family.

brubeck
05-06-2003, 05:23 PM
I'm so glad for you and for your daughters. I agree that it wouldn't be the same if they couldn't grow up knowing their grandmother.

nathansmom
05-06-2003, 05:32 PM
I am so happy for your family. Thanks for sharing.

COElizabeth
05-06-2003, 05:40 PM
Maureen,

Congratulations to your mother! And what wonderful news for all of your family. My mother had ovarian cancer 8 years ago and thankfully has been cancer-free since then. I am so grateful that she has lived to see my sister have two children and to see me get married and have James, and I hope she is here with us for a long, long time. I hope your mom can put the illness behind her soon and look forward to the fun of another beautiful granddaughter!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

Andrea S
05-06-2003, 05:49 PM
Maureen,

I am so happy for you and your family.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

Rachels
05-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Oh, that's wonderful!!! Healing vibes to your mom...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

etwahl
05-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Kathleen, congratulations! That's really great. I'm so happy for you.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

mama2be
05-06-2003, 06:10 PM
Congrats to you and your family and I am so thrilled for you all!!! Hurray for Nana!!!!

Dcclerk
05-06-2003, 06:48 PM
I'm so glad to hear that your prayers were answered. That is wonderful! :)

Kerry
DD or DS due June 4th

atlbaby
05-06-2003, 06:54 PM
What wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for you and your family, and I will keep your mother in my thoughts and prayers! Thanks for sharing this great news with us!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

kathsmom
05-06-2003, 07:02 PM
Maureen,

I am so excited for you and your mom! I know how it is with grandmothers and granddaughters! My DD adores her grandma too! Thanks for letting us know!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

nigele
05-06-2003, 07:05 PM
Maureen,

What wonderful news. I am so happy for you! Give your Mom an extra hug from me - I lost my Mom 11 years ago.

Take care,

sweetbasil
05-06-2003, 07:49 PM
I'm so happy for you all, Maureen. Cancer is an awful thing to ever have to go through, but I'm especially glad you've gotten this good news during your pregnancy- that's one huge load lifted...DH's parents were both diagnosed with cancer within a month of DS#1's due date, and there are few times I remember feeling more helpless. Enjoy these next few weeks with Kathleen, and your mom- those pictures of two sweet little girls with their Nana will be priceless! :)

Big hugs,

Annette_C
05-06-2003, 07:51 PM
Maureen,
What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you, your mom, your DD and your entire family!
In a world where we tend to hear more bad news than we wish to, it's so nice to hear good ones for a change!!
Best wishes for continued good health to your mom.
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

KathyO
05-06-2003, 07:52 PM
Wonderful news! I wouldn't be surprised if your Mom's desire to spend more time with your kids had a part in her move to recovery. I love hearing news like this.

Cheers,

KathyO

egoldber
05-06-2003, 07:57 PM
That is so wonderful! Congratulations!

megsmom
05-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Wonderful news! I work in oncology rehab and this is truly a miraculous thing. So great to hear your happy story.

Jen
mom to Meghan 7/13/01
and #2 EDD 11/12/03

smomom
05-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Congratulations on the wonderful news. I am glad Kathleen will have her Nana for a long time to come and that Ellen will get to meet her (obviously) very strong and courageous Nana very soon.

I'll keep the positive thoughts flowing your way!

khakismom
05-07-2003, 09:30 AM
Thank you again for all your kind and thoughtful words. This truly is a wonderful community--I feel so blessed to have found it. Thank you for everyone's well wishes and support. It means more to me than you know :).

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen EDD 6/12/03

celfsh
05-07-2003, 10:19 AM
Maureen,

I, too, am so happy for you and your family! Thank you for sharing your good news!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

twins r fun
05-07-2003, 12:48 PM
Maureen,

I am just seeing this thread and want to let you know I am so, so happy for you, your mom, and your entire family! That truly is the best news! Cancer is so unfair to so many wonderful people, but often you get a break and things turn out fine! Thank god for medical miracles and those that come up with them, right?

We are going through something similar right now and I hope we'll be celebrating this news in a few weeks. I know when I first found out a few weeks ago that my mom's cancer had become more serious than we thought, my tears were mostly for her relationship with my sons. Although I will miss her terribly if something happens, I just feel like the real hole will be in her missing watching my boys (that make her so happy) grow up and them missing out on getting to know someone so special.

khakismom
05-07-2003, 02:36 PM
Nicole, I am so sorry to hear about your mother! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Just keep praying and believing. That was one thing my mom's doctor remarked about--the power of prayer and positive thinking. That if you think it's going to get you, then it will. Amazing!

And the sadness you feel about your boys' relationship with your mother, that is *exactly* how I felt! More pain for them than me. But I believe your mom will pull thru and you will all be the stronger for it. You are in my prayers!!

Feel free to email me anytime if you want to talk more, or vent, or share, or anything ([email protected] or [email protected]) :)

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen EDD 6/12/03

twins r fun
05-07-2003, 10:55 PM
Thanks so much for your support. As soon as I read your original post about feeling sad about DD not knowing her Nana, I knew exactly what you were saying. I knew we were experiencing the same emotion! Like I said I am so happy for you guys and just hope we get similar news. My mom's about to start a 2 week clinical trial. So far it's only worked for 30% of people, but we figure someone has to be in that 30%-why not her, right? There is also another option if the clinical trial doesn't work, so we've got two shots here. We're optomistic and like you said, that's half the battle! Thanks for your email address, I would like to drop you a note and when I get 10 minutes to myself before midnight one of these nights I will do it!

mharling
05-08-2003, 12:07 AM
That is fantastic news! I am so happy for you and your family. :)

Mary
Mommy to Lane Michael 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33928e40550

SASM
05-08-2003, 01:16 PM
Maureen and Mom,

Such wonderful news...CONGRATULATIONS!! I will say a prayer for her :-) Take care. Sounds like Mom needs some pampering :-)