PDA

View Full Version : how do you give a bath while travelling?

etwahl
05-11-2003, 08:33 PM
we usually use the eurotub...how do we do it in a hotel?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

jenmcadams
05-11-2003, 08:37 PM
When Abbie was really little and not sitting up, I would normally just get in the tub with her and bathe her that way. Most hotel sinks are too small and it's such a pain to lug along something to bathe her in. Now that she sits up, we don't do anything special...at home she uses a bath ring, but she can also sit up fine in the tub by herself.

momathome
05-11-2003, 09:39 PM
I used to bring a yellow baby sponge bath mat that you can get at Toys R Us/Babies R Us for about $5 and can easily be smushed into a suitcase. Another idea along these lines - line the bottom of the tub with a couple of towels and just put a small amount of water into the tub. Enjoy your trip!
-Lauren

Momof3Labs
05-11-2003, 09:46 PM
You could bring an inflatable tub, although she might be a little young for it right now. Or if you are only gone for a few days, just give her a sponge bath - she probably won't get that dirty anyways!

C99
05-11-2003, 09:57 PM
We have the Eurotub...and we still give Nate baths by just getting in the tub with him. Actually, my husband usually gets in with him and I do the washing and the drying. It works really well. :)

August Mom
05-11-2003, 09:58 PM
Or, don't bathe her while you are away at all. Our pediatrician recommends giving baths only twice a week to avoid drying the baby's skin, especially a baby with eczema. Any of the other options given above also would work.

egoldber
05-11-2003, 10:14 PM
I usually just did sponge baths for Sarah when she was littler. Now I take her in the shower with me and just hand her off to DH when we're done.

HTH,

mama2be
05-11-2003, 11:35 PM
Caroline we do this too, he never seemed to mind it at all but bless his heart last night his eyes got huge and he flapped his arm (not in the water yet) he seems so afraid and it broke my heart till I was able to comfort him some...but we don't bathe him often he does dry out on his little scalp. I would suggest a sponge bath too. Now I wonder if I bathe him enough...

I also use cloth wipes now and find myself cleaning him with those before a diaper change...

parkersmama
05-11-2003, 11:58 PM
That's pretty much what we do, too. I do like the yellow sponge idea, though, if you're not wanting to get yourself wet as well. Be sure to pack your own baby towel, washcloth and soap...the towels at hotels are often rough and they won't have baby soap.

AngelaS
05-12-2003, 06:37 AM
I take baby into the shower w/me too if we're in a hotel.

I used to be a hotel maid, I know how quickly showers and tubs get cleaned. I can't imagine sitting my naked hiney, let alone my baby's in a hotel bathtub. LOL Which is odd, 'cause I'm really NOT a germ freak....

Rachels
05-12-2003, 07:26 AM
I used the sink! It's easier than you'd think.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

spu
05-12-2003, 08:32 AM
what a great question!
I never even thought of it and we've gone away for 3 days... but we're going away for a week in August and the thought of how to bathe them never even crossed my mind. thanks for the great advice!

(Angela - I got a big chuckle from your post! I don't think I'd put my tushie on the tub floor either! - though one time we gave our dog a bath in the hotel tub. I can't imagine what the hotel staff thought when we left!)

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else