PDA

View Full Version : DH can't win!!! He told me he'd never remarry...

mama2be
05-13-2003, 02:07 PM
So I found Mother's Day filled with thoughts of the future and making certain that Tristan is takin' care of forever. I went over money figures in my head to make certain they would be OK if I died for some odd reason...

I told Steve if soemthing happened to me to promise me he'd find a great gal who would love my Tristan like he was hers...

He said he'd never remarry if something happened to me that he wanted Tristan to only know me as "MOM"...

Well I felt so loved for 2 seconds!!!!!... then asked..."am I such a pain the derrierre that you'd never remarry????"...

Poor guy can't win!!!

Melanie
05-13-2003, 02:12 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Mommy to Jonah

COElizabeth
05-13-2003, 02:22 PM
LOL! It's true - that's a conversation where a guy just can't win - no matter what he says, you will cry just thinking about any of the possible scenarios. We had a similar one a while back. I had found out a friend who had been widowed was remarrying, and this guy has a young son. I told DH he should do the same if anything happened to me, and he sort of glumly said okay. When he agreed, I then started picturing another woman raising my son and him not remembering me, and I started crying and said, "But you'll show him pictures and tell him about me, right?" To which DH replied that he didn't think he would ever get married again anyway. I took it as he would be too heartbroken, but who knows, maybe he was thinking about my being a pain!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

atlbaby
05-13-2003, 02:26 PM
LOL!!! So true, our poor guys can't win in these situations! But we keep bringing them up none-the-less, right?:)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

lukkykatt
05-13-2003, 02:29 PM
You are so NICE! I have told DH if anything happens to me I NEVER want him to remarry because I don't want him to be happy with anyone but ME! Isn't that so sad!

Then again, maybe it would be nice to make sure someone was around to feed and dress the kids! DH has mentioned that he would probably give up and dress them in pillow cases if I wasn't around...

nigele
05-13-2003, 03:00 PM
Hee, hee! We also had a similar conversation a while back and Simon said the same but followed it with "why would I put myself through that again?" Ha - British humor.

I told Simon that he can take a second wife or even a mistress right now as long as he brings her home to help me with the baby. :-)

mama2be
05-13-2003, 03:30 PM
that is hilarious Lisa!!!

mama2be
05-13-2003, 04:00 PM
I saw this once and it was so true...

If a man cooks dinner and the wife says "where did you get the meat from" they say "Safeway (grocery store)...

If a women makes dinner and the husband says, "where did you get the meat from" the women says "why whats wrong with it"...

Is that not the truth!!!

MartiesMom2B
05-13-2003, 04:47 PM
Lisa:

Mike said that he would never cheat on me because he wouldn't want to deal with another woman. Hmmm - what am I so bad??

:)

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm