PDA

View Full Version : YIKES: I got caught and Lisa (Nigele) and Sonia (MartiesMom) are to blame...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!!

mama2be
05-14-2003, 05:23 PM
For the record if Lisa invites you over to her house run for your life-she'll cart you around to the nicest places!!!! So our dear Lisa invites us over to her gorgoeus house and then we go out to lunch. She proceeds to take us to the cutest most adorable "baby boutique"...the kind that you can get in tons and tons of trouble at. I have to add Monsieur Thomas is "tres boutique"...his toys his outfits!!!! So I'm drooling all over everthing and then I proceed to go over to Tuesday Morning where...with no exageration...I bought one of every single wooden toy they had. Some were huge trains, police stations, fire stations, NOah's Ark...I mean I walked out with a good 13 boxes of wooden toys (whole sets)!!!! I mean he can't play with these things till he is about 3...cha ching!!!!!

So I hid them in the car...I heard DH's motorcycle coming down the road and thought "did I hide them well enough, Tristan was fussy as I pulled up I don't think I hid them well enough"...

Then I heard "IT"...the sound of the back door of the vehicle close..."YIKES...he found them"...

Then I hear ...."Neeeeeeeeve......"....

Karenn
05-14-2003, 05:40 PM
OH NO! I had just convinced myself that I didn't need to go to the new Tuesday Morning store that is opening in my town because I was sure they wouldn't have anything that I needed! Wooden toys? I LOVE wooden toys! You all know where I'm going to be tomorrow! I think I can hide things pretty well in the back of the station wagon.... :)

etwahl
05-14-2003, 05:47 PM
Sounds like you will have to go back to work to support your habits :) :) :)

btw, i can't want until you can take me shopping. we're going to need some new furniture for our new house. especially since our current house is so small. i'm actually getting excited about living in a small town. a simpler life with a baby will be kind of fun. i'm sick of the crazy traffic anyway :)

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

nathansmom
05-14-2003, 05:52 PM
Good thing I don't live near you guys. My dh already screams at me for purchases. Good luck with Steve and I hope he lets you keep them.

nigele
05-14-2003, 07:14 PM
Neve,

I hope you're not in too much trouble!! Simon didn't even blink when he saw the ONE thing I bought. (I was good!) You had too many hands free to pick up toys since you were wearing your gorgeous sling. It really is absolutely, incredibly gorgeous and I'm glad Tom is older so I don't have a reason to beg Simon to let me get one, too!!!

We had a wonderful time and hope Steve will let you out of the house again so we can get together again soon!

mama2be
05-14-2003, 07:19 PM
Oh we had a blast!!!! Thank you so much.
You might have only gotten one thing today...but I saw your (ooops I mean Tommy's stash) and I suspect you've done your fair share :)...Tommy has "raked" :)

mama2be
05-14-2003, 07:20 PM
Well where you are going ain't no San Diego...but it is my favorite spot in North Carolina...and the neighborhood you are buying in is so posh and nice!!!! we'll have a blast once you are out here!!!

mama2be
05-14-2003, 07:23 PM
Tons and Tons of wooden toys...the made in Germany ones...honestly I think I bought a good $600 worth of wooden toys today for $200 when you saw how much I had it really didn't seem bad...I got a lot!!!

Let me know what you got!!!

I love Tuesday Morning...it has such a Euro flair!!!

gour0
05-14-2003, 08:49 PM
There was a Tuesday Morning Grand Opening Yesterday right down the street! Luckily (?) James had the car so I couldn't go, but tomorrow....

mama2be
05-14-2003, 09:25 PM
I'm heading back tomorrow there is a village that I didn't get...and my mom just said she'd send me the money to get it for Tristan!!!

You will love what they have assuming that they have the same stuff...I also got some adorable instruments drums, marakas (sp???), cybals (sp???), shakers with bells on them, tamporine...

AH...I am just so excited!!!!

We just unpacked all fo them and he seemed interest the most in a wooden pull duck with a baby duck that bounces on its back :)...

sweetbasil
05-14-2003, 09:33 PM
Let me know if you all decide to start a Baby Bargains/Tuesday Morning shopping addicts' support group- I'm SO there! ;)

flagger
05-14-2003, 09:51 PM
I would say that I am so sorry that I read this thread to Ms. Flagger tonight. Suddenly she is asking "Can we go to Tuesday Morning after the movie tomorrow." She so wants the pull duck with the bouncing duck on the back.

I really cannot say anything about money since Ms. Flagger IS the breadwinner. Though spending an afternoon shopping is NOT what I had in mind for tomorrow. She wants to know what else you found Neve as she pointed out "Well honey our Amex bill closed today so it would be a month before we had to pay for it."

jojo2324
05-14-2003, 10:35 PM
LOL, Flagger, we do the same thing with our American Express! :D It's TORTURE waiting those few extra days, but it's all good in the end.

Neve, I am so glad you got yourself some gorgeous toys. I am needing to get Gannon some wooden blocks...I am so so so happy that I have never heard of this store, and I doubt I will ever be near one, so PHEW! DH breathes a sigh of relief. :D

mama2be
05-14-2003, 10:46 PM
Julie I knew from the second we started emailing eachother that you and I could get in some deep and major trouble girlfriend!!!!!

I suspect we could do lots of damage out there together!!!

mama2be
05-14-2003, 10:50 PM
Karen I just love the picture of Colin...he looks like he would love some wooden toys!!!! look at that smile!!! What a cutie!!!

mama2be
05-14-2003, 10:53 PM
Flagger I'll ist them tomorrow...I'll Edit this post with them!!!!

SEE BELOW I LISTED THEM :)

flagger
05-14-2003, 11:04 PM
>LOL, Flagger, we do the same thing with our American
>Express! :D It's TORTURE waiting those few extra days, but
>it's all good in the end.

And then I will look at the online bill and say, "Do you realise we spent $600 in ONE week?" and she will respond, "Of course, we were waiting for the last month to close!!!"

newbelly2002
05-15-2003, 12:51 AM
We actually have that duck--my sister bought it in Prague. Is the baby duck yellow?

One word of warning: that pull duck nearly killed me last Monday. Dante was playing with it while I was there in the room. Somehow in rolling about he managed to wrap the string around his neck and had started to pull. I was just so happy I was there... The string is now about a quarter of the lnegth that it was. If it's long enough to wrap around his neck, you might want to cut it.

The store sounds neat!

Paula, Mama to Dante 8/1/02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b339c8d20516

Rhonda36
05-15-2003, 07:17 AM
Gosh, Flagger... I'm sorry I'm reading this post too. I'm sitting here scheming up a way to get my DH to Tuesday Morning before the Matrix tonight.

Ah, heck. I'll just go this afternoon by myself. And throw a big blanket in the station wagon to hide the loot.

Rhonda

mama2be
05-15-2003, 09:31 AM
Brand Nemmer German made wood toys
Police station with wooden policeman and two police vehicles
Fire station with fire man and two vehicles
Pull toy of a wooden box with wood blocks laying in it
Wooden "hobby tools" in carry case like what a plummer's box
1-2-3-4-5 pyramids stacking of donut rings in diffent colors
Farm, barn, two people lots of animals and two trees and farm vehicle
Tic toc clock for leaning to tell time
Pull duck with baby buck that moves on it when pulled
Hammer bang...it has three balls that you bang and they fall thru
Train has four cars and is pulling blocks, "timber", cars

Brand Riedermuhle German made also wood toys
Shape sorter wooden box with shapes (this does have a platic cap!!!

Bino
Noah's Arc wiht Mr and MRS Noah:) critters and an arc and trees

First Act Chinese Made but pretty instruments
Marakas
Cymbals
Quartet
Drums

I'm heading back to get the Brido (????) German toy
Grocery store
Fire station
...and one more I missed

From the boutique where Tommy frequents :)...they rolled out the red carpet for them as they approached so I KNOW!!!
an adorable (unfortuanlty expensive) little wood rattle made by Selecta Spielzeug...more than I normally spend on little things but if the dogs don't get it I'll have it forever!!!

I have vintage blocks that I buy at thrift stores all of the time!!!

And for wooden toy fans I also recommend The Skwish by Manhattan Toys

:):):) Let me know what you get!!!! I do think this is a lot of stuff for the money though!!!!

newbelly2002
05-15-2003, 09:53 AM
What a great list. Brio, German, toys are wonderful. There's another brand to watch for...but unfortunately the name is escaping me at the moment (Sarah, maybe you know?)

I mentioned it above, just below your first mention of the ducks, but it's worth a second mention. I have either the same duck or something very similar to the one you cited (the baby duck is yellow and "bobs," right?). Please, please, please be very careful with that as well as all other pull toys. Just a few days ago, Dante in a matter of seconds--I was in the room with him--managed to wrap the string all the way around his neck, lodge it beneath his chin, and pull it tight. The only reason I noticed was that he started making strange noises. I can't even imagine, or rather I can and that is what terrifies me so, what would have happened had I not been there.

The duck string is now cut quite short, at about 1/4 or 1/8 of the original length. It won't be so easy for a toddler to pull, but I'd prefer to have my toddler intact rather than the toy.

Just wanted to let you and others know.

Paula, Mama to Dante 8/1/02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b339c8d20516

flagger
05-15-2003, 10:45 AM
OMG Neve. That is a ton.

It does not make matters any better that she finally got her raise on the paycheck that hit today. I think I am in for a long afternoon. Sigh... Maybe since we are arriving at the theatre separately, we can go our separate ways AFTER the movie. Ya think??? ;)

nigele
05-15-2003, 01:23 PM
That is so scary - thanks for warning all of us. Thomas had a mylar balloon with a weight that I cut the ribbon down to about 12" so that he could see the balloon from the floor. He was playing with it then decided to crawl to another toy and the ribbon was wrapped under his chin. I'm glad I was there to see it and move it away but I don't think we'll get another balloon for a while. Why chance it?

MartiesMom2B
05-15-2003, 01:37 PM
Boy am I glad that I didn't go to Tuesday Morning yesterday. I had figured you went there when I saw your car still in the parking lot. I was tempted. Hmmmm, theres a Tuesday Morning down the street here. Aaaaahhh.

And I thought I was bad for spending $7.00 on a headband for little Miss M. I couldn't help myself. It's soooooo cute.

mama2be
05-15-2003, 01:59 PM
OMG is right...you know when I said I bought everything but three things..I must have been kidding myself. so I just went back today to get the thre things that I didn't get (mom sending $50 to get those)...I'm not even going to say the damage I just got myself into. I met this lady in there who has a 13 year old son and she said that she did the exact thing when he was a baby and that she still ahs all of this toys etc...she egged me on...she encouraged me...she is to blame (Lisa and Sonia were not there to blame)...OH I am in so much trouble!!!!

Karenn
05-15-2003, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the compliment, Neve. :) It turns out I'm not going to be able to get my wood toys after all! The Tuesday Morning store here hasn't opened yet which means I either have to drive 40 miles, or wait another few weeks and hope there are still some wood toys. Well, it's probably for the best- I didn't exactly have the extra money to spend on them.

nigele
05-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Sonia,

You need to post a picture of that sweet little girl wearing her headband!!

LD92599
05-15-2003, 09:40 PM
Neve:

I had never heard of Tuesday Morning and after reading this post (and many others!) I just HAD to see where the closest one to me might be. Lo and Behold..there's one about 30 minutes from here...(there's a few in Rockland County, NY) guess where I'll be dragging DH and DS on Saturday?!??!? But darn it...as others have mentioned Amex, it closes early next week! Not good timing on my part!

I have a few wooden toys that were from when my dad was little and I remember playing with them when I was little and visiting grandma! I'd love to get wooden toys for DS.

Laura
mom to William 3.5.2003

MartiesMom2B
05-15-2003, 09:45 PM
Lisa,

Will do. Just took a pic. w/ our regular camera tonight. We are getting a digital camera this weekend.

BTW, Neve, if Steve calls over here I'm denying everything. "Oopsie Daisy?? Tuesday Morning??? Never heard of them." Ha ha.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

mama2be
05-15-2003, 10:14 PM
Oh Laura let me know what you get...

I went back today and actually spent way more than yesterday...but four items I am taking back....they are the Brito "village" one is a gas station, grocery,fire station and something else I forgot what. BUT when I got home with them I noticed that they need tracks to connect them with and so many other things!!!! I knew I'd never feel satisfied with out having the connections to them and suspect I could drop a lot on those alone.

BUT I got more wooden toys there but most of these today are actually "Made in China" and I know some snub that but with the world the way it is now I bet anything we will not get the goods from china for the price we get them for now in afew years...if we get them at all...

I got a wooden nativity set
A wooden farm
A wooden parking garage set with cars
A neat wooden ride toy that is also a shape sorter

I finished off the instruments with the Bongos, and accordian (not wood) OH ya and a drum with sticks :)...

I figure he is set for awhile...

In my single days (and pre baby) I'd hit Tuesday Morning up for glass ware too...it is great!!!

I am so glad that you are reminded of playing with your dads toys...things like that mean a lot to me!!!!

mama2be
05-15-2003, 10:16 PM
He just might :):):) I told him about how the sales people just rolled out the carpet for Mrs. Lisa at Oopsie Daisy...you sae them just step aside like Moses and the sea!!!!

Annette_C
05-15-2003, 10:36 PM
Joanne,
If you ever come up to see me in CT, I'll bring you to the one 15 minutes away from me (I don't know how happy Shawn will be to hear this! LOL)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

Melanie
05-15-2003, 11:03 PM
I recently discovered Tuesday Morning as well. I've restrained myself, so far, but it won't last forever. At Christmas they had wooden playsets like kitchens and stuff.

Mommy to Jonah

mama2be
05-17-2003, 06:22 PM
Flagger asked for certain pics of some of Tristan's wooden toy stash...while I was at it I took several pictures of what I got...there are about 9 of them I think (multiple toys per pic) but I feel like I'd take up too much space here...so if you are interested in getting any and want to see what is out there I can email you the pics. My email address is [email protected]...

If I don't get your email tonight or early AM it will have to wait till I am back in town...I am leaving in the AM...

gour0
05-17-2003, 10:15 PM
Sigh. I spent $37 yesterday and dh made me bring back everything but $5 worth! :'(